Distances.

Water turned on and off as I washed my hands over and over again. It was getting bad but it looked so dirty to me but then again when in my head lots of things were off. Patients always came into contact with my skin so why that one had forced me to wash repeatedly was weird. The staff room only had one door and I heard it click and then another click was heard. It had been locked.

"I want to apologise to you. My words were not right and my actions have been less than forward. Well, some have been but we both know that you wish that they hadn't." I bit my lip and washed my hands all over again and it hit me. I wasn't worried about the patient but the confrontation that Max brought me. He was close by after all when the patient was touching my hand.

"You don't have to. Honesty should never be hidden and it should absolutely not be apologised for." He sighed out and walked closer to me until he turned off the tap, his body was pressed up against mine as he did so and slowly his arms wrapped around me.

"I wasn't being honest though." Ever since that one time he had teased me but he had never acted on it and so it was odd to see or feel. He wasn't one to hide when confronted but when it came to his own health and happiness he did.

"About what?" I wanted to hear him say it so that he couldn't pull the rug out from under my feet when it didn't go according to his perfect plan. His arms then moved and one hand met a point on my inner thigh that I was particularly sensitive to and the other hand was wrapped firmly around me, in case I gave way to something. An occurrence that I wasn't far off of.

"Not pushing for us. For saying those words to you and putting you in a situation that you were not at all happy with. For leading you to sleep with me and clearly it wasn't quite what was planned for you when I asked to see you." His breath fanned down my neck and I struggled to not squirm. His arm was around me still and I did grow a little weak as he did this. Forcing him to take my weight for a split second of it.

"I thought that you were the one that regretted it. If I ever told you that I did I was lying. Embarrassed, oh yes but no regret." I turned but he made it difficult as he had me pinned to the sink that I had been using to wash my hands not long before. It was so weird to see that he was there, pushing this and yet only five minutes before I was scared of him talking to me.

"Me? Never. Now, your smart brain might need to be picked for a second." I nodded and my lips met his cheek briefly before I stepped out of his tight hold on me until I was free and then I managed to grab my work and face him.

"What do you need help with?" I asked and clicked my pen slowly. His face was a smooth one but worry was heavy in it as he faced the world head on and all alone. Cancer could destroy a person. He wasn't the 'only exception' as well. It was hitting him and it was just the beginning.

"If I wanted to cook enchiladas, how would I go about that? Could you show me?" I laughed at how he spoke to me and I walked closer.

"I thought that it was about something serious." My body was pulled to his as he folded his arms behind my back and our chests met full on.

"Oh it is, very serious. What do you say?" I looked at him and then his lips but as I went to speak back he kissed me deeply. His tongue was tracing my lips and I let him have what he wanted. My hands were full of paperwork and so I just tried to keep him close to me and that was how I could do it.

"Tempting Dr Goodwin but I think that you should make it. Tonight?" He nodded and kissed me once again. His hands were on my waist as he did this to me and then he winked and walked out of the newly unlocked door. He was something else, something that I liked, liked a lot.

Heat washed over me and a pooling began. The need to pee filled me but it wasn't until the dark room met my eyes that I realised how stupid I had been. Not just by accepting those advances but also letting him sneak his way into my dreams. I tried to wash it all off but I couldn't and so I gave in and went to the loo. It was connected to my bedroom so it wasn't a long walk but that didn't matter as I was wide awake and aware of how bad the dream really was by the time I was back in bed. That meant that all I could do was sit on my phone and the night shift before had done a little good. It meant that I was off of work when the rest of the world was awake as well. That was when I pulled out the Alec contact and thought about what to say.

Busy filling the world with your historical knowledge? I didn't get much of a chance to hear about it at the club. Xx

It had been a day or so since we had met and so I felt like it was time to talk to him. The buzz of a chat and just a little attention had woken me up and so I got to my feet again and made my bed, brushed my teeth and threw my hair into a messy bun. The ginger set of curls didn't like it but I did and so I kept it in the hairband. No makeup was placed on and I headed to the kitchen for lunch as the salad in my fridge was looked at until I pulled it all out and started to bring it into a proper meal.

A buzz sounded off of the kitchen side and I began to eat the salad. A fork piercing the leaves as the food was eaten and I enjoyed it. The thoughts about what it possibly could be, most of me hoped for it to be Alec but it probably wasn't and I just knew that it couldn't have been.

What can I say? I am both smart and easy. Just what all the girls go for. Xx

Really? I would have thought it would be the dance moves, the glasses and the jaw line but okay. Xx

Is that what won you over? Xx

Goodness no. Your confidence. To just grab and start dancing takes a lot of guts to do. Xx

Oh really? My looks had nothing to do with it? Xx

Wow. You think a lot of yourself. A little over confident if you ask me. Xx

Well I wasn't. Xx

Well you were. Xx

Fine. I was. Look, I need to work so have to use my hands. Do you mind if we call? Xx

Okay. Since you insist. Xx

Hello.

Hey Alic. Where are you? It sounds awfully quiet for work.

I am in a hotel room. I am travelling around Asia for a few weeks doing research and giving lectures. Only in English I am afraid.

Boring. Why not Welsh? It is such a beautiful language. If you are deaf and blind.

You know how to sell it.

I wasn't trying to but I could sell it just by puckering my lips and whispering 'please. I need the toilet.'

Haha. You sold me.

Oh, you were sold long ago.

Told you that I was easy.

I have been told that I am easy before. Perhaps we need something hard.

Between us?

Yes, something hard between us.

Consider it done.

Don't tell me you are serious.

Of course not. Unless, no I am joking. Work always acts as a blocker to that sort of thing.

My job is perfect. Being a doctor is a total aphrodisiac and you know it. The smell of sterile illness and the infections. Oh, I'm barely containing myself. The smell of doom and fear mixed with the sensual smells of stool samples and rectal exams.

We spoke for a while but I soon found that I had to pee and I wasn't risking it so the phonecall was then ended and I used the toilet. Just as I left, my batman shorts and top were all that I wore and they were a high pair of shorts and a tight crop top but I was all alone and I liked them. Batman wasn't my absolute favourite but he was pretty high on the list.