The Encounter

After Maria's request was made, a group of adventurers was assembled to find the mysterious Knight that Maria's party encountered in the cave.

The party consisted of the Priestess, Goblin Slayer, Spearman, Heavy Fighter and Maria.

Inside the cave, Maria's POV

'It seems that this cave has gotten a lot darker than the last time I was here..' I said to myself while looking around for any signs of the knight. Not long after, we heard a scream deep from the cave, we let The Goblin slayer formulate a plan in hopes of taking down the knight while running towards the suspected location of the scream.

When we get closer to the said location, a mangled corpse was thrown towards us with such force that it made blood splatter all over the pillar it hit. We left spearman and goblin slayer to inspect the corpse and they found out that it was an adventurer, a mage to be precise.

3rd POV, Unnamed adventurer's party

The Knight of the party, accompanied by his ranger was in the front, facing Artorias who just threw one of the party member's corpse away.

"Have you gone mad? This isn't the place you are supposed to be in.. I told you to stay awa--"

The 8-foot tall knight couldn't finish his sentence as pain rushed over his body, making him succumb to his corruption and yell in pain.

"You... You killed her... You will pay!"

Said the knight before he was sliced into two pieces by a greatsword tainted with blood. The ranger tried to run away but to no avail, as he was impaled then slammed onto the ground, turning him into paste.

Artorias then walked over to the upper half of the knight that he had just severed and said "I gave you a warning.." before bringing down his sword, ending the man's life. Artorias was about to head deeper into the cave but then he heard something...

"Maria! I think he's here!"

"More to kill.."

He smiled in a slightly psychotic manner and quickly ran over to the place where he heard the voice and then he found her... 

Maria's POV

'It's him...'

"Ah, yes.. the abyss has brought more food for me.."

"I'll kill you!" I said while rolling to the side to let spearman throw a spear at the said knight, this didn't do much as it just got deflected off the knight's armor. I then used my sword to stab the knight's leg which made him throw me at a pillar, leaving me unarmed since my sword was lodged deep in his leg. When I hit the pillar, I was knocked unconscious.

3rd POV

Artorias quickly leaped over to Maria and brought down his greatsword which hit a barrier of light, shielding Maria from the hit. Artorias stared at the light barrier for a while and readied his sword for another strike but was interrupted by the spearman who plunged his sword deep into Artorias' limp arm. Artorias himself reacted by violently twisting his body so that his limp arm hung behind him and quickly swung his sword at the spearman. The spearman managed to get away in time while the Priestess ran over to Maria and carried her to a safe place.

Artorias remained in his position right after bringing down his sword, blood trickling down his limp arm's armor plates.  The goblin slayer readied his throwing knives and the heavy fighter entered a stance.  "We'll take it from here, Spearman, you watch our backs yeah?" Said the heavy fighter to which the spearman responded by a nod. "About time you guys helped." He said. While the three were slowly advancing towards Artorias who stood still, Artorias whispered to himself in a hushed tone, "Lupus est sanguis, dona mihi vires."  As soon as those words left his mouth, a dark entity that resides within his soul was set free and corrupted him. Dark purple sludge started to drip from his wounds instead of his blood and his sword's blade suddenly emitted a faint purple glow.

"Leave.. or die.." Artorias said with an unusually dark tone in his voice, who was slowly walking towards the three adventurers while dragging his sword along the ground.

The three adventurers suddenly tensed up and quickly regained their composure, Goblin slayer however.. didn't even flinch and simply threw his throwing knives at Artorias.

*Looks at the writer*  When will the goblin slayer act normally?

JUST READ THE FUCKING SCRIPT YOU KNOBGOBBLER.

ok ;-;

Artorias dodged the incoming knives by Raising his greatsword, not giving the others a time to go on the offensive, he leaped at the heavy fighter and brought down his sword. The heavy fighter quickly raised his sword and used it as a shield to deflect Artorias' attack. The sheer weight Artorias' greatsword made contact with the heavy fighter's Weapon and the heavy fighter was knocked back. The spearman and the goblin slayer tried to land a hit on their opponent but was interrupted when the goblin slayer was thrown at the spearman followed by Artorias plunging his sword deep into the spearman's leg making the said man cry out in pain.

"Such weak humans cannot hope to defeat the Abyss.."

Artorias stood up from his crouched position and pulled out his sword that was implanted deep within the spearman's leg, making blood gush out from his wounds. He then raised his sword until unbearable pain started to emanate from his chest which made him fall on his knees and use his sword as a stand. 

"I-impossible.. this must be the work of an enemy.."  He said before coughing out normal blood and blacking out.

A/N: Definitely not a jojo reference