Dies Irae 3

The moon has risen and the abyss has reappeared once again.

Somewhere in a cave, 3rd POV

Knights as tall as Artorias and Abyss watchers walked towards a huge stone door that looked like an entrance to a labyrinth. When they got close to it, a pair of knights, wearing the same armor came out from the shadows and opened the door, creating a small scratching sound due to the door's weight scraping the floor.

The opened doors revealed a huge room with a circular table in the middle, surrounded by knights with the same height but most of them had different armor and weapons. Out of all the different knights in the room, one of them stood out from the rest. 

Ornstein, the knight that had slain both dragons and abyssals. His golden armor and cross spear had taken countless lives from both friend and foe, even if you were a close friend of his, a slight hint of the abyss' corruption will surely give him enough reason to kill you without a slight hint of regret.

"Report."

"Of course, sir Ornstein. Abyssals have been spotted on the outskirts of the town of adventurers, I fear that if the adventurers are to be left to fight the abyss themselves, they would only get corrupted in the process."

"Hm.. is that so?"

"Artorias is also fighting them off."

The mention of the knight's name shocked almost everyone who was present. Most of the members of the legion regretted their deeds in the past, the fact that Artorias was still alive gave them a reason to do right this time. Ornstein wanted to show Artorias that the old legion had already been destroyed long ago, he stood up, catching the attention of all the legionnaires and raised his spear.

"Tonight, the legion will once again face its enemy. Know that the enemy shows no mercy to those who oppose it, the enemy may be strong but the legion-"

"STANDS STRONG!"

"We are the legion"

"And the abyss shall fall!"

The entire legion then raised their weapons and yelled with all their might for their next battle. Abyss watchers, knights, and legionnaires quickly ran out of the keep and into the forest with such speed that even Artorias might not be able to catch up.

"Bring his companion"

"Yes, captain."

Back at Farm girl's house, still in 3rd POV

A mangled body of an adventurer flew through the trees and landed next to another adventurer who was just checking for any goblins. The adventurer was scared since the body was still bleeding, he let out a scream that made other adventurers check on what happened. Not long after, multiply abyssal goblins and champions came out of the forest, each one of them having weird, distorted appearances due to the effects of the abyss.

"What the hell are those things!?"

"Those aren't just goblins!"

"Where is the goblin slayer?!"

The rookie adventurers started to panic while the veterans remained calm.