12. Telling the truth

Your POV present day

As Peter and I walked home the continuous thought of Peter being the guy who saved my life ran through my mind. But was shortly interrupted by the sound of Peter's phone. I look over to him as he removes his hand from mine to reach his phone.

"Oh hey May." He said looking at me. I spiked up in slight fear. "Where are we?" He said re-quoting May. "Uh- we just went to the coffee shop. I know May I'm sorry!" I fiddled my fingers curious about what they were talking about. "Okay. Okay. I understand." He said sadly. "Love you too. No I'm not saying that May. May! Fine. I Larb you." He said with a full voice that made me chuckle. He hung up and slid his phone into his pocket and we continued to walk home.

"What did May say?" I asked curiously.

"She said I was grounded too but I'm not really worried about it. She'll forget soon." Peter said. I nodded and we walked in a comfortable silence again, but I broke it.

"Hey Peter?" I called for his attention. He hummed.

"Hm?"

"I remember the day I had gone to a subway station to end it all" I said looking at my feet as we walked. "I-I jumped on the tracks waiting for contact, but it never came." I felt Peter's eyes looking at me.

"I saved your life that day, didn't I?" He said stoping us in our tracks. I looked into his glistening eyes.

"Yeah. Yeah you did." I said with a slight tear shedding down. "If it weren't for you i'd be dead" I laughed breathy as I wiped away my tear. "That was the same day I asked my social worker to find me a good home to live in. Then the great Parker's offered me hope. I love you Peter Parker." He pulled me into the greatest hug of all time. His scent trailed in my nose. I softly pulled away and pulled in for a kiss.

———

"We're back!" Peter shouted letting May know we've arrived.

"So, I say your you ground and you break my rules. And you went along with it." She said to Peter and I.

"May, I'm sorry-." I was cut off

"Look obviously you guys can't handle this freedom that you have. I need you to break up. No more movie nights, sleeping in the same beds, and no walks around queens. Only if we do it all together."

"What! No!" Peter shouted pushing me back a bit. "I'm not breaking up with her"

"It's either that or she goes back to the system." May said bluntly. My eyes watered. I grab hold to Peter and pulled into a tight hug.

"I love you" I whispered in his ear. "Okay, I'm sorry for causing so much trouble May." I said at ease and went to my room locking the door. The tears bled out. My back against the door as I slid down it. I curled up letting all my emotions out.

The slightest bit of happiness I had left, gone.

Peter's POV

"May! This isn't fair! She made 2 little mistakes! And now you want to send her off to god knows where!" I shouted once Y/n's door closed.

"Peter I wasn't going to send her off! It was a threat but I didn't mean it!" She shouted back walking into the kitchen.

"Oh so that just makes the fact that your making break up when, let's not forget, you allowed it!" I followed her. "May, I love that girl!" I pointed to her room.

"You hardly know what love is." May said bluntly. "I'm not having this talk Peter go to your room."

I scrunched my eyebrows and nose, then balled my fist up until my knuckles turned white. "Fine." I said with anger. Pure rage, in my voice. I wanted to punch something. Destroy this Apartment. Instead I just stormed to my room slamming the door shut. Letting some pictures on the wall fall off.