Distanced

......
A couple weeks later
.....
Nessa POV

"Nessa, you ok. Do you wanna talk about it agian", Roni poked her head in my room.

I nodded as she came over to my bed. I knew Tom hadn't done anything wrong and it wasnt his fault for not knowing but it just pained me.

"You know, for a second there, I just thought that maybe he liked me back. I mean he was always so nice to me, he toke me places and wanted me to always be happy. During those moments when he would hold me in his arms or hold my hand and pull me close to him, I thought he really liked me", I paused for a second trying to hold back tears.

"We even danced together", I laughed lightly through sobs remembering us dancing.

He would trip over his own feet until we just stood there holding each other.

Roni brought my attention back,"I'm sure there are other people out there for you, but for now you should still try to hang out with him. He still wants to be your friend, he just dosen't understan-", the sound of the doorbell cuts Roni off.
......
Roni POV

I get up from Nessa's bed,"I'll go see who it is. I'll be back, ok".

Nessa nods her head, understanding as tears continue to roll down her cheeks.

Its unlike her to cry over a boy like this, he must be very important to her. I walk down the stairs already knowing who it is.

I remember some of the times he came over asking if she wanted to hang out. He would come over saying that he wasnt busy and they could go do what ever she wanted.

At one point he even came over with flowers and note, the note reading,"I know I haven't got to see you in a while but I hope to hangout with you soon".

I had lied to him like every other time that she couldn't hang out cause she was to busy filming for a skit. I toke the flowers and put them on the table, the flowers eventually wilted away from being unmended..

My mind came back to focus as I opened the door. Tom stood there once agian hoping to see Nessa.

"She's busy film-", I started to lie.

"Filming", he finished my sentence,"look I know she must be busy right now but cant i just say hi to her for a second".

Part of me wanted to let him go up there and have her explain everything to him. But I remembered Nessa, sitting up there crying on her bed, hugging her stuffed bunny with tears running down her face.

I looked at him with apologetic eyes,"look I'm sure Nessa misses hanging out with you just as much as you do, but she really is busy at the moment.

Looking sad he nodded and then left.

I walked back up the stairs," Nessa, I think I'm gonna go to Krispy Kreme and get us some donuts, does that sound good?".

She nodded at me letting me know I could go. I grabbed my car keys and then left, I'm sure some donuts would help her take her mind off things.