Chapter 2 - Awakening

-Edited August 27th, 2021-

My eyes flutter open, the left being especially painful. Looking around, I see dust particles subtly floating in the air as a small stream of light enters the room.

"Where the hell am I..." I mutter to myself while slowly sitting up.

Looking around the small room, I see many of my belongings from my compound bedroom strewn across the place. Either this is really creepy or really sweet. I don't know which yet. I slowly swing my legs to the edge of the bed and prepare myself to stand when I hear someone walk up the stairs.

"You're awake." I hear a familiar voice say. I look over to see a little girl at the edge of the stairs and I instantly recognize her as Morgan.

"Yeah." I croak. "I am. You must be Morgan."

"How do you know me?" she asks while walking over. She tries to climb on the bed but struggles.

"Well," I say while gently floating her onto the bed, making her gasp in amazement. "I'm your sister. I died before you were born but I'm back now."

"You're the one Daddy told me about!" she exclaims, her legs swinging back and forth in excitement.

"Yeah," I say with a small chuckle. "I am."

"Did Daddy tell you about me?" she asks, sitting beside me with her legs crossed now.

"Well, of course, he did," I say with a soft smile.

"Morgan E. Stark, what did I tell you about bothering your sister while she's sleeping?" Another voice says from below us and I instantly recognize it as Dad.

"Daddy she's awake!" she yells towards him, an exciting spark still in her eyes. I hear the once calm footsteps rush up the stairs and soon enough I see Dad.

"You're awake," he says with a large smile before rushing over and giving me a bone-crushing hug. "I thought you never would."

"What did I say, Dad? I'll always come back to my family." I say with small tears in my eyes as I slowly hug back.

Once we pull away, Dad takes Morgan back to Mom and gives me the rundown of everything I missed. But the one last piece of news breaks my heart over and over again.

"Nat's gone, Bitsy," Dad says, a quiver in his voice. "We're holding her funeral today."

A steady stream of tears falls as I hug myself, violent shakes racking my body. Memories flood my mind and they make the tears fall faster. Her smile...her laugh. All things I'll never hear again. A steady pair of arms wraps around me as I cry harder. 

"She died to save everyone, Bitsy. And she's finally at peace," he says in between sniffles. 

___________

It has been a few hours since Nat's funeral. Many had left after sharing their condolences. Even Wanda left in quite the rush. Then there was Steve, leaving to the past to be with Peggy. After the emotional goodbye, I couldn't bring myself to see him again. Sometimes it's better to say goodbye for good. 

Walking back up to the house after signing some paperwork for Bucky (one of the benefits of the snap, I'm legally 22), Morgan follows me like a shadow spewing her never ending stream of questions. This time, it was about how I managed to use the infinity gauntlet. 

"How did you do it, sissy?" Morgan asks me for what had to be the umpteenth time.

"Sweetie I don't know," I say while crouching down onto her level. "But I do know that love can make you do crazy and extraordinary things."