Chapter 6 - Exciting Drives

I wake up with a scream as my entire body shakes from the pain of guilt. With heavy breaths, I take in my surroundings. This isn't my bedroom...MJ isn't in here. Slowly, my hearing returns to me as well as my feeling. A pair of arms are wrapped around my waist and Peter's voice fills my ears.

"Erin, calm down. It was just a dream." I hear him say as he rubs my back. 

"It wasn't just a dream." I say with a rough voice. My shaking still continues despite his best efforts, but he just lays his other hand on my thigh as he still rubs my back.

"Another memory attack?" he asks.

"Yeah, I thought I was done with those." I reply with a sniffle.

"Well you only knew about your mission in Venice through recovered files. Maybe being here triggered something." Peter tells me.

"Maybe," I say with another sniffle. "But I hate them still."

"I know." he replies while easily lifting me into his lap and holding me close to his chest. I wrap my arms around his torso and immediately feel relief from my shaking. Slowly, he lays back down onto the bed with me laying on top of him.

"Try and get some rest." he says with a yawn. I nod as he falls asleep, but I am too afraid to fall asleep again. 

The morning slowly comes and the sun's first morning rays bring me a modicum of comfort. Once Peter wakes again, I get off of him and get my clothes out for the day. Both of us end up being late since we decided it was a smart idea to shower together. Yeah, not so smart. Once we actually make it outside, Ned is standing at the back of the group waiting for us.

"Where have you guys been? You're never late." Ned says worried.

"Well...we...uh-" Peter stutters. 

"We wanted to conserve water so we-" I start. 

"We took a shower and-" Peter continues.

"We got kind of distracted and-" I go on.

"I seriously don't need to know anymore." Ned says quickly and I struggle not to let a blush form. Out of nowhere, Betty whips around the corner with some water from Ned and rambles on about not getting sick. Then she takes off again.

"About that," I say. "Are you sure you're okay? No side affects from the tranq?" 

"Of course I'm okay. Honestly, being tranqued my Nick Fury has to be the coolest thing that's happened to me!" Ned says with surprising excitement. 

"Yeah probably," Peter says while they start to do their handshake. With that que, I walk up to MJ who was a few people in front of us, reading a book per usual.

"Alright can you keep a secret?" I whisper. 

"I heard you and Peter as I was leaving my room. You guys aren't that quiet so there is no secret to be kept." she states.

"Not that!" I whisper yell as the blush becomes uncontrollable at this point. MJ chuckles softly and pulls her nose out of her book. 

"Alright, what is it?" she asks with a raised eyebrow. 

"Me and another hero-"

"Who's the other hero?" MJ asks.

"I'm already telling you classified info, that's off limits." I say matter of factly.

"Alright, continue." 

"Okay so me and this other hero were brought to a Shield headquarters last night. Apparently another world ending event is about to happen. But the other hero wasn't in on it, so Fury might mess with out trip."