Chapter 7 - This Is Not Me

Hey Everyone!

Sorry for the long break! I had to clear my mind but I am back for good now and full of ideas! A few things about the fanfictions on this account:

1. Crimson Strength will be coming back with new ideas and a possible crossover (hehe). So if you're a fan of the X-Men as well as the Gifted, keep an eye out for that. 

2. The Future sequence of this book does rely on your guys feedback and votes so please if you want more, vot and comment! I want to make sure it's what is wanted. 

3. During my time, I binged the entire Star Wars series (yes from start to finish) and I decided to write about it since that is what brought a lot of my ideas back. The name is Genesis and it follows the daughter of Kylo Ren. So if you're a fan of  Star Wars please check that out!

Thank you for your patience, and happy reading!

Jay Lee

After a very tense car ride, we finally made it to Prague. Within a matter of minutes, we go from our separate hotel rooms to the place where we are supposed to meet Fury and Beck. Fury explains the plan to Peter, Beck and I, but Peter's mind was elsewhere. 

"Parker!" Fury snaps and Peter leaves his trance. "That thing is going to be here in a few hours. Are we boring you?"

"He's not bored." I say quickly, my arms crossing tightly across my chest. 

"She's right, he's thinking about you kidnapped him. How you kidnapped them." Quentin adds.

"They had obstacles. I simply removed them." Fury states. I sigh hard and roll my eyes. 

"One obstacle you cannot remove is that we are still kids! And we need a break, especially after the blip." I reply. 

"You're just like your father, always running from a fight you don't feel like fighting." 

"So that when it matters I can be there and give my all, like what happened with Thanos." 

"This time it matters, Stark!"

"No. It doesn't. When Thanos came you had a small arsenal of heroes. After the blip you know there are more people on your side and yet you still recruit us. Yes, we are heroes and yes, we are responsible for our powers. But run us dry and the next world ending event that comes around will not be met by any heroes." 

Fury glares at me, obviously not a fan of my defiance. However, I stand firm in my place, returning the glare he gives to me as I feel my eyes begin to light up. 

"They still won't evacuate the city." Hill says, interrupting Fury and I's argument. 

The boys discuss the plan that I had already heard once before, but my eyes continue to glow brighter and brighter as small orbs begin to form around my hands. My mind was calm but my powers had already fed off the anger. 

"Look man my friends are here, my girlfriend is here," Peter tells Beck. "and I can't help but think that I'm putting them in danger." 

"You worry about putting them and a super assassin in danger?" Fury yells at Peter, and I was already hitting my wall. 

"Fury that's enough..." I mumble, but he doesn't listen. 

"You worry about us putting them in danger? You, who called a drone strike on his own school bus? It's clear to me you were not ready for this!" Fury continues. I see Peter's guilt overtake him as he looks down, obviously giving up on being heard. That was my last straw. 

"That's enough!" I yell and my powers are unleashed. Everything and everyone in the room is blasted onto the walls by a purple force erupting from my figure. Mysterio's suit seemed to glitch, but that wasn't on my mind as I look down at my shaking hands. What was happening to me?

A small groan comes from Peter as he stands up against the wall. With a small gasp,I look at him with tears filling my eyes. After all these years I'm still just the weapon that HYDRA created...

"Excuse me." I whisper as I walk out quickly. 

"Erin!" I hear Peter call after me, but I continue to walk away. 

_______________

"Why aren't you talking to me?" 

"Peter, just focus on the mission." 

After our...explosive meeting with Fury, I left for my hotel room and stayed in there. Even when plans changed and the class was supposed to go the opera, I feigned sick and stayed put until I was called onto the field. 

Both Peter and I stay in position on top of the tower, him in Spider pose and I crouch in the shadows. I slowly take my eyes off the target and stare down at my hands as I start to fear myself once more. 

"Don't," Peter says. "don't be afraid of yourself." 

"Peter you saw what I did back there."

"It's not something you should be afraid of, babe. You had these powers before they got too much to handle. Now, you've changed a lot. You can handle it now, you just need to believe in yourself. Tonight will be a test of that." 

His words make me stop and think. Why was I overthinking this? I am powerful and I was destined to be this powerful. This was what I was created to do. My body would have given up if I couldn't handle it. But I'm here, so why run from it? 

"Thank you." I whisper as my eyes glow brightly. 

"Anytime." he whispers back. "You look beautiful by the way." 

"You're a dork." I reply with a smirk.

"I'm your dork." he says while nudging me with his shoulder. 

Before we could continue, I see the ground shift beneath us as the world began to rumble. I stand up from the shadows and lower my mask. 

"FRIDAY, what's happening down there?" I ask as I near the edge of the tower. 

"I cannot say, Ms. Stark. There seems to be something blocking me." 

How could a celestial monster block one of the most advanced AI's? Before I could even think to understand why, the monster breaks through the earth blocking it. The end of the world was here...again.