Ruins

"Kitten, I need you to give the driver your address so that we can pick up your stuff"

She looked like me with a sad face and told the driver where to take us to... And, as we were approaching her apartment building I could understand why.

He pulled off in front of an old shabby building. The entrance window door was broken, and as we were climbing up the stairs a thick smell of piss hit me.

She stopped in front of a door and pulled a pair of keys out of her pocket. I'm not sure what she needed them, because I could break the door down with a finger push.

She entered and I followed her, barely controlling my urge to scream.

"Do you want coffee, Devil?" she asked, smiling.

All I wanted in that second was to get the fuck out of here and take her and Kaira as far away as possible.

"Please," I answered so that she wouldn't feel embarrassed or offended that I refuse her.

She put water in a teapot and placed it on the stove, as I scanned the 10 Square meters apartment.

Fuck, it was smaller than my bathroom back home.

The place was really clean and organized. She definitely made the most of her living conditions, but as I looked towards the bed... well, not exactly a bed, a mattress that was lying on top of some woods on the floor, my desire to hold her and protect her almost pushed me to my last limit.

"I didn't always stay here... We used to have a bigger apartment, but I had to sell it in order to pay for her treatment."

I couldn't contain myself anymore, and in a second I was next to her pulling her on my chest. She hesitated and the thought that she's not comfortable with my touch annoyed the hell out of me.

"Relax, Kitten... I told you I won't do it unless you beg."

"I'll never beg" she snapped giving me a cold look, but in the next second, she became worried and embarrassed, probably thinking that she'll jeopardize her sister's future.

"You will, Kitten, and after you do, you'll be completely mine. Every single piece of your body."

"So, it's game on" - I smirked.

"I'm a game?" she asked, lowering her eyes to the floor.

"You're much more than a game. "

"But your stubbornness is ", I whispered in her ear while pulling her a little closer.

"I know that last night when we kissed it was real".

"I realize that you're probably scared of me, and it's normal. But from the way you're biting your lower lip right now, I also know that the moment when you'll be laying naked in my arms again is close"

"Now, let's get you packed", I said as I took a step back so that our next words won't heat things up even more.

She put my coffee on the table and went to a closet to get her clothes.

As I watched her taking them out and placing them on the bed I noticed that almost all of them were rags.

"Kitten, take only what you're very fond of. We'll go shopping tomorrow and I'll buy you and Kaira new clothes"

"The only thing that I'm fond of is this pendant that my mother bought me on my 18 birthday, right before she died."

"Then, take only that"

"But what about clothes, Kiara's toys?"

"I'll buy her a whole damn toy store."

"You can give them all away, I'm sure that someone else in this building might use them."

"I'll give them to the woman next door, she has 4 children."

"Problem solved. Take what you want, and let's go out to eat. I'm hungry."

She grabbed a few of her books, the pendant and we walked through the door, leaving behind the ruins of her past.

She stopped in front of another apartment, and let the woman that lived there know that she's leaving and that she can have everything she likes before the owner of the building would put her room up for rent.

I'm not sure if the woman was happy, assuming that Ruby's found a new life for her, or for the stacks of rags that she received, but tears were forming in the corners of her eyes.

We left immediately as I felt like a hammer was pounding in my chest at the thought of Ruby living in such acute poverty.

"Take me to the best restaurant," I said to the driver which followed my command instantly.

The ride was a quiet one as she watched out the car window seeing her town for a final time.

We entered the restaurant and headed towards a more secluded booth, where a waiter quickly greeted us.

"What do you want to eat?" I softly whispered against her neckline.

"It doesn't matter" she sheepishly responded, realizing that she maybe doesn't recognize more than half of the courses from the menu.

"I'll have a T bone steak and the lady would have a Filet Mignon."

Yes, I ordered a steak... I've eaten every delicacy known to men, but nothing compares with a good steak.

And since Ramy went out of his way to make me feel good, the courses served were more complicated than I prefer.

The food came and she seemed to be more and more nervous, twisting in her chair, without saying a word.

Her gaze kept finding various things to point at, just so that it won't meet mine.

"What's wrong, Kitten?" I asked as I took her hand in mine and slowly stroked the back of her palm with my thumb.

"I...I'm doing this and I don't even know you...What you do... Who you are?"

"I'll tell you who I am."

"I am a killer, a mobster, or call it whatever you want"

"I kill, torture, beat, and control people."

"That's who I am and will be outside of my room."

"And why are you making me this offer? ", she asked sheepishly, rubbing her neck.

"Listen, I'm not going to lie to you. I like you, much more than I should. And everything I want, I get."

"I don't want just to have you, I want to earn you, Kitten."

"That doesn't mean that I don't want to just rip those panties off, sneak my tongue inside your mouth and have you right here on this table. But, I'm not going to do that, at least not until you ask."

I could see her face changing colors as I spoke those words, but I enjoyed watching it because I know that what I just described just became vivid in her mind and now she's probably imagining it.

"Kitten,, I want you to know that when you ask you'll be mine completely. I'll have full control over your body and mind," I say,as she slowly lowers her gaze.

"You are not a prisoner and I'll never want you to feel like one, but you'll be escorted by me or my men when you get out. Chicago is a dangerous place and I've made some enemies along the way."

She nods, but I know there's something more that's bothering her. Before I got to ask, the screen on my phone lit up, and a message popped up.

"I want you, balls deep, tonight" I picked it up as fast as possible, but without a doubt, she already saw it.

It wasn't even important... Some of my occasionally fucks text me sometimes, and if I'm in the mood I reply, if not, just delete it.

"I have to go to the bathroom" she whispered, quickly getting up and practically running across the room.

Fuck!