On my Own

Listening to Pierce The Veils- Bulls in the bronx.

After calling the police, I waited for them to come and just paced around the room. A faint beep coming from my phone caused me to stand still as I took the phone out of my pocket. It was a text from Ashley.  I forgot that I gave him my number on the way to his place.

Ashley;P - Where r u?!

Ashley;P - I can't find you!!

Ashley;P - There's pizza...

Ashley;P - Ok seriously, where are you?

Ashley;P - stop ignoring me :(

Ashley;P - pizza's finished now. Blame jake. 

Should I go back? No. It would be too awkward. Everyone hates me. Besides,I can live life on my own. I don't need anyone.

*************************

The police finally came and escorted me out of the building to question me.

"I'm so sorry for your loss." Was the first thing that the officer said. But i didn't even take that into account  I just looked past his shoulder as I saw polices drag a stretcher with a body on into the back of their van. That body was my mum.

The officer brought my attention back to him by saying,

"I'm going to have to ask you a few questions."

"Ok" I said whilst he brought out his notepad.

"Do you know how your mother died?"

"I think it was from too much alcohol." I answered honestly .

"Ok..." he jotted that down. "Do you have any close relatives that you could stay with?"

I was about to say no but then I remembered about my aunt who lived nearby. I rarely saw her but she was the only relative I had.

"...I have an aunt..."

"...right..." he said.

I felt a buzz come from my pocket. Must be another text from Ashley. I slid my phone out, not caring that the police officer was standing there. My phone said I'd received a text from an unknown number. I opened the Message and what I read shocked me.

Unknown number - It's gr8 ur gone. No-one will miss you. Ashley doesnt care 4 u. And neither does anyone else.

A few tears slipped down my cheek as I put my phone away. Who wrote that?  Quickly I wiped my tears away before the officer noticed.

"Ok, we'll get in contact with your aunt but we need you to Come to the police station to answer a couple  more questions. All I could do was nod as the officer guided me Into the back of the police car.

I hardly knew my aunt.What if she refused to take me in . I couldn't go to social services-I...I wouldn't .

Another beep came from my phone. It was from the Unknown number again.

Unknown number - Don't think about coming back. Everyone's mad at you because you tricked me to sleep with you.

Then I realised. The unknown number was Andy.

************************

After the police contacted my aunt,  they gave me the good news that I'd be able to stay with her.  This made me a bit happier knowing that my life would change seeing as I now didn't have an abusive mother. Maybe I'd also be able to transfer schools. Maybe.

I was in the waiting room at the police station. Time passed slowly as I waited for my aunt to come pick me up. To pass the time, I started to sing a really random song to cheer me up.

"Unicornssssssss I love youuuuuuu , I love youuuuuuu unicorns. Unicorns!!!! Cheese. Cheese. Cheese. UNICORNS!"

I heard a police officer quietly say 'shut up' behind me but  I carried on anyway.

"Unicornsssssss!! WOOO!! Unic-" I stopped singing as soon as the door opened and a women stepped in.

"Dream!" She greeted me.

"Auntie!!!" I ran up to her and squeezed her. Oh how I missed her. I never got to see her. On the journey to her house, we chatted about all the things we missed together and tried to catch up. I loved this. I loved my auntie. I know my mum told me never to go visit her but I don't know why I even listened to her. My aunties a lovely person, not the horrible woman my mum described her to be.

After we got to her house, the first thing I noticed was the beautiful assortment of flowers around the small cottage. It looked like a very homely humble house that would be very comfortable to live in.

"Your house is amazing!" I smiled to her whilst coming out of the car carrying the suitcase

"Why thank you!" She smiled back "And remember my house is your house. Now and always. "

"I love you Auntie"

"I love you too Dream." She said back as we entered the place. Inside it was decorated beautifully and my auntie made her up the stairs with me following behind her  as she showed me what would become to be my room. It wasn't a big room. But it also wasn't small. It was perfect for me. Just as she left the room and placed my bags in the corner of the room, a buzzing came from my phone.  Again.  I was really annoyed right now. Could they please stop texting me?! And by 'they', I meant BVB. Maybe I should just block them. I took my phone out and read the text message I had just received.

Ashley;p- miss you xx

Another buzzing came again as soon as I read that.

Ashley;p- please stop ignoring me!!

Again, another one.

Ashley;p- Ignore the texts Andy has sent you. I found out he was sending you mean texts :(

Ashley;p- Don't worry , I've got his phone now and he won't be getting it anytime soon.

I decided to say something to him before he would suddenly send another text.

Me- Ashley, I think it would be better if you didn't text me.

All of a sudden, my phone buzzed again.

Ashley;p- :0 u replied!!!! :D And OkI'll just call you.

Before I could reply and say no, my phone started to ring. Quickly I pressed the red phone button and ignored his call.

The last text I sent him was

This is goodbye Ashley.

Then I blocked him.

***************************

Ooooooooooooh!!! Soo Dreams lost contact from BVB!!! What's gonna happen next? Also, I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. Schoolwork has just been bugging me for a while now :( so I might not update that much but ill still try :) Hope you like this chapter anyway!!

*Virtual hug*

Sammie xxx