Chapter 11 | Desert Dunes

Another Nina Abdel Malak suggestion? Insa Elli Rah and Lili Touil. She's honestly very underated. Lol i feel like i should just must a Spotify playlist.

Also we recently reached #7 on fairytaleretelling???? Thank you!

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Chapter 11| Desert Dunesa fool off his guard could fall, and fall hard, out there on the dunes

a fool off his guard could fall, and fall hard, out there on the dunes

SHE SLUGGISHLY SUNK HER FOOT INTO THE HEAP OF SAND. Liyah furiously wiped the beads of sweat forming below her hairline. The blazing, desert sun was beginning to leave an agonising sting on her exposed skin and Rayan's moaning, like a thick needle continously jabbing her head, made the girl wish that she had never set foot on the Almasahri Kingdom Airlines in the first place. Farrah had been peacefully trailing in front of the girl, yet, the General seemed to be barking insults down her throat as if she had led the scarred sorcerer to the cave.

The General flared his nostrils as he angrily stomped his boots into the scorching hot grains of sand, "I can't believe you."

Liyah gave Rayan a hard glare for his false accusation, "I didn't do it!"

"What imbecile unties a camel and let's it loose?" He frustratedly  ran his fingers through the sweat-drenched strands of his hair. The heat of the open desert momentarily contorted his vision and left waves of wild phospenes to swirl around in front of him. He quickly shut his eyes and cursed the girl for her clumsliness.He then cocked his head towards the water bottle in her hands. 

Liyah flung the leather-skinned flask of water his way and sharply bit back,"For the last time, I didn't untie the camels! Maybe you untied the camels."

He unscrewed the lid and took a large swig of water, before wiping the droplets that began to drip from the corners of his mouth, "Do you think that a General who has trained with–"

"The greatest swordsmen and war lords of Almasahra, yes we know!" She shouted loudly, "Look, all I'm saying is that I didn't untie your stupid camels."

"Oh, I'm certain it was y–"

"I was fetching water with amu Jamal," she gritted through her teeth in pure rage, "How could I possibly have been in two places at the same time, huh?"

Rayan scoffed in annoyance. His plan of action had been solid- almost fool proof, yet it seemed as if it was not Liyah proof. The three of them would have reached the first nomadic tribe had they travelled on the majestically large desert animals, but much to the boy's dismay, they had to resort to trailing by foot until they could find camels to be traded. The camels were not just another obstruction in their path. He knew it had to be Liyah.

"I was out, searching for the maps," he squinted his eyes mockingly at her and then pointed at the girl with confidence, "so if not your clumsy hands, then who?"