Chapter 15 | The Legend of Aamir & Shaheera

Chapter 15|The Legend of Aamir & Shaheera legend speaks of a young boy with mesmerizing paled-turquoise and silver eyes

legend speaks of a young boy with mesmerizing paled-turquoise and silver eyes

FARRAH ARCHED her back off of the silky sheets below her. A large yawn escaped the girl's lips as she stirred from her spot. Her eyes searched the length of the tent for her roommate. Liyah leaned against the canvas of the tent's entrance. She casually waved her hands in the air as she spoke to one of the tribe's handmaidens. When the petite girl's voice reached her ears, Farrah did a double take.

Bidding the maiden a goodbye, the younger girl spun around in her tracks and greeted the wide-eyed princess,"Sabah al-khair, ya amira."

Farrah's jaw hung. Every word that emitted from the girl's mouth was strangely faultless. Long gone were the breathy sounds and pauses that she frequently took when she attempted to speak in their native language. The princess gawked at the girl, "Are my ears deceiving me?"

Liyah merely smirked and lifted the clear pendant that rested on the soft cotton of her abaya. The glittery glass of the talisman glistened as she reflected it under the light. Farrah hummed in satisfaction, "The land of magic and sand."

"I have to say," Liyah began, "My doubts about us settling into this tribe are slowly starting vanish."

A love-struck daze formed on Farrah's face. "If only you knew, ya habibti."

Liyah leaned in, "Well do enlighten me, your highness."

Farrah collapsed back on the pillow. She let out a long sigh as her fingertip twirled around the white satin in circles, "Oh Liyah, I have tasted the stars and I no longer have the heart to abandon the heavens."

Liyah laughed, "Did you enjoy your night, princess?"

Farrah nodded, "Rahim bin Imran is charming; exhilarating; breathtakingly beautiful. Gazing into those amber-mint orbs are like diving into the dunes with your eyes shut." Her features suddenly softened, "but he has this gentle aura to him too– it is almost as if those desert orbs bore straight into my soul. He managed to unwrap each layer surrounding my heart... No one has successfully being able to see me in that manner before. I– I think I've fallen in love, ya Liyah."

Liyah's smile faltered. What about Rayan?

The younger girl walked over to the mattress where Farrah had dramatically sprawled herself onto. Liyah raised a hand under her chin and chewed on her finger, "Forgive me for my bluntness, princess, but I don't think that it is wise for the crown princess of a hundred year old dynasty to succumb to the first nomadic boy she sees.What about a someone closer to home?"