Chapter 1- Hit

Eyeless Jack's P.O.V

I sighed as two, loud, arguing men entered the living room of the slender mansion. I was on the couch trying to watch TV when those two came in. I turned my head a bit to look at them.

"Would you two shut up? God! You sound like an old married couple!" I growled at them. They both stopped their arguing and looked at me.

Masky and Toby stood there. I could feel Masky glaring at me but he didn't say a word. He just sighed and walked off. Toby stayed a bit longer, just staring at me. But he soon followed after Masky. Weird.

I turned back around to look at the TV. But instead of it being on what I was watching it had changed to a video game. BEN sat in front of the TV, messing with one of his consoles.

"Really BEN?" I asked, irritation clear in my voice. The short, blonde boy smiled at me.

"You snooze you lose, Jack. Not my fault that you turned around to yell at those two!" He replied. I grumbled and got up.

I walked into the kitchen to get a snack when I was immediately smacked in the face by someone. I heard a few gasps and giggles. I grumbled and quickly turned around, making my way to my room.

I pushed open my creaky door and flopped onto my bed. I let out a long sigh. As I looked up at the ceiling my demons began to talk in my head.

'You should've stayed, Jack! You should've fought whoever hit you!' A few of them said.

"That wouldn't have helped. It would've just made people more afraid of me," I mumbled in response. I then sighed and buried my face into my pillow.

I always got upset when I reminded myself that everyone was scared of me. Well most people were at least. It made me feel alone. I see everyone so happy but when I walk into the room they all seem to tense up. I can understand why they don't like me though. I mean who would want to hang out with a demon filled boy?

I slowly rolled onto my side, staring at the wall. I hugged my knees up to my chest and laid there in a ball.

I closed my eyes and began to try to sleep. I was so tired. Last night my demons wouldn't shut up so I barely got any sleep. But as soon as I was about to sleep a knock sounded at my door.

"One second," I grumbled, slowly pushing myself up from my bed. I walked over to the door and pulled it open. To my surprise, Toby was standing at the door.

"H-Hey Jack," He stuttered, twitching a bit.

"Hey, What do you want?" I asked. It wasn't normal for Toby to come to talk to me or talk to me at all.

"O-Oh, i j-just wanted to a-a-apologize." He mumbled.

"For what?"

"F-For hitting y-y-you,"

"Oh." So it was him.

"I-it was a d-d-dare. They s-said I had to hit t-the first person w-who came into t-t-the kit-kitchen,"

I let out a small sigh. "It's fine, Toby. It didn't hurt anyway,"

Toby looked at his feet and twitched a bit. "Anything else?" I asked. He seemed to snap out of some kind of trance.

"O-oh, n-no. T-that's all," He mumbled, his face slightly pink. Was he blushing? I gave him a small wave before closing the door.

How weird.