Chapter 9- Love

Toby's P.O.V

I walked down the hall towards Jack's room. I have to tell him. I got this!

I soon was in front of his door. I took s deep breath before gently knocking.

"Go away." A sad voice said from the other side. The voice sounded vaguely like Jack's. He sounded like he had been crying. His voice also sounded deeper. I wonder if his demons can change his voice depending on how he feels.

"J-Jack, I ju-just want to t-talk." I said into the door. I heard a demonic growl from the other side that was followed by jack grumbling to shut up.

"Go away, Toby. I don't want to talk." He replied. I sighed.

"Jack, i-it's serious." I replied. All I got for an answer was a grumbled. I frowned and tried to open the door. Of course it's locked.

I looked down. Looks like I have to go the other way.

Jack's P.O.V

I sat on my bed, curled into a ball. I couldn't stop crying. My demons were going crazy. They wouldn't shut up. Some were calling me a baby. Others were trying to comfort me. Some were even trying to take over in my weakened state.

Toby had left me alone now. I heard him walk away. I just wanted everything to go away.

I was slowly falling asleep. Crying is tiring. I closed my eyes. As I was about to fall asleep I heard something hitting my window. It must be that stupid tree again. I always have to move it.

I stand up and pull my curtains out of the way. That's when I came almost face to face with him. Toby.

He was sitting on the very edge of the tree branch. He smiled brightly at me. Did he seriously climb gang tree just so he could talk to me. 'Can I come in? Please.' He mouthed, looking at me with pleading eyes. I sighed and pulled open the window. How could I say no if he's trying so hard?

Toby smiled wider and climbed in. I shut the window behind him before looking at him.

"What do you want?" I grumbled, looking down.

Toby sighed and gently grabbed my hand. I looked up at him with wide eyes.

'Jackie! He rejected you! What are you doing?'

'Jackie, why did you let him in? He hurt you!'

I yanked my hand away from him and glared. His face showed surprise and hurt. I stared to feel guilty.

"J-Jack..." Toby mumbled. Tears began to appear in his eyes. Is he seriously crying over me yanking my hand away? His tears seemed to yank at my heart strings. "Jack, I-I..."

Toby seemed to be struggling with what he was trying to say. He then took a deep breath and stared into my empty sockets. "Jack, I like you too."

I felt my face heat up. Did he just say what I think he said?

'Wow Jackie! You really chose good this time!'

'Aw, how cute!'

"W-What?"

"I said, I like you Jack." Toby said, gently grabbing both of my hands and leaning in. "I love you."

My face was on fire. Tears began to form in my eyes. "R-Really?"

"R-Really." He grinned. I smiled and gently placed my hand on the side of his face.

"I love you too."