Chapter 7- Comfort

Jack's P.O.V

The news of Toby and Clockworks breakup spread around the mansion. I heard it this morning during breakfast.

I wonder how Toby's doing. I heard it happened just last night. I'm assuming it was after he caught me in the kitchen. That was so embarrassing.

I sighed and looked back at the TV. I was watching BEN and Jeff play video games together. I think they were playing Minecraft or something.

"Jeff, come on. The zombies are everywhere."

"Where are you?"

"I'm at the house!"

"Uh, where is that again?" Jeff asked. Then a message popped up that said BEN had died.

"J̷̨̬̼̗̭̳͚̤̮͌͐͊̍̿͘ͅE̵̢̙̹̦̝̰̓F̴͔͕͚̠̈́̾͑̑̔̇͠F̸̧̼͖̩͈̩̔̑̌́̈́̏͝" BEN said in his weird glitchy voice. Jeff looked over at BEN and chuckled. He leaned in and kissed BEN on the cheek (face). BEN blushed and grumbled.

"Sorry, BEN."

"Whatever..." He grumbled. I sighed and got up. I'm tired of watching these two. I was walking towards my room when I passed Toby's room. I stopped in front of it. Should I check on him?

I took a deep breath and enjoy knocked.

"C-come in," He said from the other side. I opened the door and closed it behind me. He looked at me and smiled. "Oh, hey Jack. W-what's up?"

"Oh, I uh heard the news and wanted to come check on you." I said.

"You heard about that already?" He chuckled. He then sighed and patted the space beside him in his bed. "C-Come sit p-please."

I nodded and walked over, sitting beside him. "So, are you doing okay?"

"Yeah, w-we didn't end in b-bad terms. We just bo-both decided we r-rather just be f-f-friends."

"That's good. I'm glad you guys settled it that way." I replied, smiling. He probably couldn't tell though. After all I'm wearing my mask.

"Yeah. Anyway, h-how are you do-doing?"

"I'm doing alright."

"Di-did you end up eat-eating that's kid-kidney?" He asked, chuckling. I blushed. His laugh is so cute.

"Yeah, I did. Thanks for that by the way. You helped me calm down."

"I-I did?"

"Yeah. You're amazing."

"Yo-you're amazing too, Jackie." He smiled. That nickname. My face blushed darker.

"J-Jackie?"

"Yeah, d-do you not like th-that name?"

"N-No, I like it. It's just..." I mumbled, trailing off.

"J-Just What?"

"I-It's nothing."

"Jack. You c-can tell m-me any-anything." He said, gently grabbing my hand. I stared at our hands. Should I tell him? Is now even the right time? "Jack?"

"I like you Toby! And not as a friend!" I exclaimed, blushing red.

"Wh-What?" He asked, staring at me with his beautiful eyes. His face was pink.

I didn't bother answering. I quickly stood up and left his room. Once I made it to my room I locked the door and flopped onto my bed.

I buried my head into my pillow. Why would you do that?! Stupid!

'Aw, Jackie! You told him!'

'Our Jackie is growing up so quick!'

'There are plenty of fish in the sea, Jackie. It'll be okay.'

I grumbled. Why couldn't I have just stopped talking?!