Chapter One - Lose It All

Noah has done so many dumb things in his 20 year life time. His top 3 is: "Accidentally blowing up his teacher's car. Leaving his baby sister on a public bus. Setting his house on fire. His stupidity seemingly died down when he hit the ripe age of 17.

Well. Until today. 

~

Noah and his parents stood outside of the downstairs bathroom door. "Sara, did you do it? Is it done?"

"I need exactly 5 minutes, give it a few more seconds please!" A gasp could be heard from inside the bathroom, then the sink running.

"I am.... pregnant", Sara said.

After hearing the bad news, Noah's father grabbed her by the hair and pull his fist back to hit her. "Get your hands off of her!" Noah pulled the butcher knife off of the kitchen counter and held it to his father's head. "Dad, I'm not joking, don't touch her".

"Boy, you can't come back from this. Think this through wisely", Mr. Quintz said before letting her go.

"Fine. B-b- Both of you get out of here and boy, be out by 6pm on the dot or I'll have you escorted out".

As the couple left the kitchen, Noah's mother stared at him, disappointed. "You had so much potential", she said before turning around to comfort her husband.

"Thank you", Sara said before leaving.

~~

When 6 o'clock hit, 4 guys from the bad side of town dragged Noah out of his bedroom kicking and screaming. The angry teen had only packed toiletries,  asthma medicine, his phone, no charger, 3 pairs of underwear, and 3 outfits.

[Texting Sara]

N: Hey babe can I crash on your couch for awhile?

S: (Seen today at 6:04pm)

~ One Hour Later ~

The police was called to escort Noah off of is parents' property. He didn't fight it, but instead kept staring at his phone, hoping for Sara to finally respond. "What now?" He said to himself before walking with his duffel bag of stuff towards Sara's home.

When he finally arrived at her apartment building, he rung her bell several times with no reply. Finally, he rung her neighbor's bell and was let inside almost instantly. "Say hi to that fast little girl for me!" His neighbor said as he passed through the hallway. When he arrived at Sara's apartment, he noticed that the front door was already open with slow music flooding from inside. 

"Anyone home?" Noah made the decision to enter and saw lots of people inside. Blue and pink ribbons were strung up everywhere and a big banner with the words "Happy Pre-Baby Shower Sara" was hung up above the living room entrance. Sara sat in the middle of the room on a woven queen style seat, with a man kneeling in front of her rubbing her stomach. Sara's cousin was taking photos of the pair, before she could snap another photo Noah pushed her out of the way.

"What's this?"

Sara spoke with a matter-of-fact attitude, "this is my part one baby shower, so people give me small things a baby might need. Then when I know my baby will live, I get more heavy duty stuff". 

"You mean our baby?"

The man kneeling next to Sara stood up and looked Noah up and down, "no, she means our baby. I'm the daddy, bro". Noah took a step back to examine the guy. He was a few inches taller than Noah, with blonde hair and piercing green eyes, his body was covered with tattoos and he was wearing shorts with no shirt with the numbers "Inmate 9-0416-2 Never Forget" tattooed in bold font on his chest. Speaking of his body, he was morbidly obese, but quick on his feet.  This man couldn't be a day under 30.

"She and  I have been together for 6 years with no breaks, she would never cheat on me", Noah said while staring at his girlfriend. "Baby, please tell this idiot the truth. I don't know how he'd suspect he's the dad if y'all never had sex", he laughed and was punched in the face by the man.

The man jumped on him and punched him repeatedly. "Kill him, baby!" Noah couldn't fight back because both of his arms were pinned under the man's legs. "You like this shit, don't you?" The man pulled a switch blade knife out of his pocket and carved "Inmate 904162" on the back of Noah's right hand before spitting on his chest and getting up. He kicked him one last time in the ribs and stole the poor kid's shoes before telling him to leave.

Noah crawled over to his duffel bag and dragged it behind him as he did a walk of shame past Sara's family. 

Out the apartment.

Out the building.

Out into the world.

____________

Hello, please tell me what you think of this first chapter, guys! I'd truly appreciate the feedback. Btw, the picture in this chapter is my alternate book cover idea. Which is better? The book cover I have already or the one in this chapter?