Chapter Three - Hello There

~Phillip

"Oh God, I'm so sorry sir!"

The guy I hit pushed my bike down as he got up and stared at me. "You're lucky you're a girl".

Hold up. I took off my helmet and threw it on the floor. "I'm not a girl but if you're feeling froggy leap!" I tied my hair up and held up both my fists. I'm small and all, but I can fight, but if I can't beat you I'm going to at least leave you bleeding. 

He took a step towards me and I stood my ground. Suddenly rocks pelted him in the face and we both were caught off guard and looked around. 10 or so feet away, Tori and Mil stood throwing rocks and pebbles at this fool. "Yess- hold up, guys stop that. Violence is never the answer!" I tried to grab them but they ran away back to the playground. "I'll catch up with you guys in a second!"

I turned back to the guy and my face went cold again. "You're lucky my baby siblings were here, otherwise I would've beat your ass. Can we reschedule?"

"Pfft!" He broke out laughing and it took him a minute or so to stop. He can laugh or whatever, it only hurts a little bit. "Sure. What day?"

"I don't have them the day after tomorrow. Meet me here at 4:45pm on the dot. Or be a square". This whole time I was looking straight, so I was staring directly at his collarbone. I looked up for the first time at his face and oh God, he's ugly as hell. It looks like someone beat his face in with the ugly stick.

Now that I am studying him, I noticed that his clothes were torn and bloody and he had bruising everywhere. He had a bloodied duffel bag laying a few feet away from him, I made him drop it when I hit him. A pair of blue underwear was hanging out of it. 

We're going to fight, so I can't show any pity, but if we were friends or something I'd get my mom and dad to look at him and make sure he's ok.

I took my hair out of it's ponytail and walked away to snatch my siblings up and hurry home.

~Narrator~

"Hey mom, Philly almost got into a fight with some ugly boy at the park!" Phillip's mother turned around and stared at him. "M-".

"Before you say anything. What did I teach y'all about judging people based on the way they look. We don't believe in what?"

"Ugliness. There is only beauty", Toriann, Camille, and Phillip said in unison.

"Good. Now Phil, tell me about this little boy".

"So basically you know that bike you got me? I hit him in the leg and we were gonna fight but the kids didn't listen to me when I said go wait in the park and so they almost saw so we cancelled it. I got a good look at the guy and he looked like he just got a major beat down. Like worse than any scary movie I've ever seen. It was so scary".

Mom crouched down in front of him and firmly grabbed his chin. "It's good that you didn't fight in front of my babies, but you made a bad judgement call. Next time you see him call me and your father so we can look at him".