Back again

Y/n's POV

After Thanos wiped out half the population things were never the same. You left Steve and his way of things years ago. HYDRA took you in as an assassin for bidding.

You were modified to be better than the winter soldier and the black widow. You were an unstoppable killing machine. Were, that is. After the population was wiped all of HYDRA seemed to disappear.

No one was brainwashing you day after day keeping you at tip-top soldier shape. After 3 months of laying on a table strapped down ready for a memory wipe that never finished, you broke out of pure silence memories flowing back like a river. The memories of Steve came back. They always mentioned Steve's memories being the hardest to erase, it was annoying for them. It was over you thought. Now you can find Steve and tell him the truth.

You ripped off the straps holding you down moving to get out of this dammed facility. You turned to the desk noticing a newspaper with the headline 'Avengers gone?! and it's all on cap'.  As you were turning around someone heard you because the next thing you knew,  you were knocked out with Steve's face being the last memory to mind.

You awoke hearing noises of people talking, talking about the avengers, about Steve.

"What do we do? I didn't know HYDRA still had soldiers, let alone Steve's old girlfriend. You know this could very well be the reason she left him right Buck?"

The voice sounded familiar but it was on the tip of your tongue. Buck? Buck sounds familiar too.

"We have to show him, Bruce. He's making a big mistake. We don't have much time we need to go." The man presumed to be buck said.

Bruce? Bruce and Buck? Where have I heard- you felt your body being shaken and out of instinct you opened your eyes and choked both men.

"Who are you- Bruce? Buck-Bucky?" You said finally recognizing the two males in front of you. Bruce coughed and smiled while Bucky looked like a ball of worry.

"Wh- where am I? and who are you?" You said as you looked at Bruce? Was that Bruce?

"We found you in a HYDRA facility that was trying to move out. They put you under Y/n. And that's the new Bruce, don't ask" Bucky replied.

"Oh god no. I-I woke up and I remembered Steve- I was on my way to tell him- and- and then someone knocked me out-"

"Y/n what do you remember from then?"
Bruce said looking worried

"Thanos wiping out the population. That's how I almost got to leave. Half of HYDRA was gone. But- but your back- I only knew of Steve being alive- how?" You said stumbling over your words.

"Y/n, calm down. I have to tell you something important okay, it's about Steve" Bucky said.

"Okay yes,  yes tell me," you said sitting up swinging your feet over the table you were laying on.

"That was 5 years ago, Y/n you've been under for 5 years"

"What-w-wait what about Steve?" You started to panic.

Bruce and Bucky briefly explained what happened. Killing Thanos, getting the stones, Nat and Tony passing away, and now returning them.

"N-nat? And tony?" You let out a quiet sob, Bucky pulled you into his chest.

"I know, I miss them too. Nat- nat is in a better place now" he frowned thinking of his significant other.

"I'm so sorry Bucky. Natasha was an amazing woman"

"I know, she did what she did for humanity. She's amazing. You know after you left... I ended up proposing and she said yes. We got married right before Thanos wiping out half the population" he smiled.

"Oh, Bucky," you said standing up hugging him tightly.

"When I got back and they told me the news I was broken. It's been 5 days and I'm still trying to pull it together. I'm still broken, she was my everything." he said hugging me back.

"I know buck, I know" I pulled back rubbing a tear off his cheek smiling.

"Sorry to interrupt but Steve called, he's on his way to return the stones," Bruce said heading out the door.

"Come on Y/n, this might be your last chance at happiness," Bucky said weakly smiling

"Let's go then" I smiled back just as he did walking past him ready to meet the love of my life again.