But not us

"Steve, we don't know if she'll ever wake up"

"Don't. Not right now okay Buck"

"Steve I'm serious about this, okay? It's been months. I know you want her back just as bad as we all do but you've gotta move on Pal" Bucky said.

"But not us" Steve grasped Y/n's hand.

She used every muscle in her body to squeeze his hand, and it worked just as she opened her eyes blinking repeatedly to adjust to the light.

"Oh my god, Y/n? How do you feel? It's me Steve?-" Steve moved closer leaning over her face holding it in his hands.

"S-steve?" She said, voice raspy and dry.

"Oh sweetheart, here drink some water" Steve grabbed a glass from the side of her bed- in the stark lab? Bucky helped prop her pillow up.

Y/n drank the water at a rapid pace missing the moisture in her mouth.

"Steve- What happened to me?" She said.

"Y/n... Bucky and Bruce found you at a HYDRA base right after the blip- after Thanos wiped out half of humanity. You've been in a coma for months." Steve started to tear up as Y/n put her hand to his cheek only to have him lean in.

Everything that had happened was her imagination, her subconscious.

"Steve went back in time and came back in time to return the stones-" Bucky was cut off by her.

"Wait, you didn't leave me?"

"Y/n how could I? When I found out where you were all this time, I realized what happened that day you left"

"I'm sorry for what I did Steve-"

"Don't apologize, I should be the one apologizing..." Steve got down on one knee.

"Steve, what're you talking about?" Her face flushed with concern.

Steve pulled out a velvet box from his pocket and revealed a ring, a beautiful diamond ring.

"I- I was gonna do this the night you left and I'm mad I didn't sooner but I promised myself after you were found that I would tell you how I felt," Steve said.

Y/n was in awe. She thought she lost him, the love of her life.

"Y/n, You were and are the love of my life. I want to grow old with you and have kids with you, have a family with you. That means a white picket fence and all. That also means leaving Captain America behind. You-you always saw me for Steve rogers and not just another superhero, I am eternally grateful for that. If I knew HYDRA had taken you sweetheart I swear I would've come running. I love you so much, now that I finally have you here, right in front of me, beautiful as ever, will you marry me Y/n?"

"Yes," Y/n said leaping into his arms