Steve?

Sam's POV

It had been weeks since Steve left again. Y/n was crumbling every second but that didn't stop her from doing what she now did best, fighting. She trained after Steve left with me and Bucky back to back every morning, 6 am sharp. She was trying to keep herself occupied, who could blame her? Steve left her again.

Y/n's POV

Seconds turned into minutes, minutes turned into hours, hours turned into days and days turned into weeks. That's how long Steve was gone. He left again and that was that  I guess, I mean what else was I supposed to think? I'm on my own again. Steve always made me feel at home. I haven't felt that way in years and even if he lived out his life with someone else, I'm okay with that because at least his last few moments of life would be with me. Sadly that wasn't true.

Crime rates started to flow back in,  just like before. The world was going round and they had a new cap, Bucky. I trained with him and Sam every day making sure I didn't end up rusty. I was apart of the new Avengers, the Ultimates. The name is dumb and I demanded Fury to change it but he's said it's not up for discussion, yet.

The new team didn't feel like the old one. We all lived in the Stark tower and everyone that was in Wakanda and the final battle was automatically claimed an avenger. Some left for peace, like Clint. Some stayed because this was all the family we had left. This team didn't have Steve's guidance, Nat's flare or Tony's spark, it was different. I would just have to get used to it I guess, get used to the new me.

I wore Natasha's old catsuits but I had Bruce made a few modifications to fit me and my style. All that training with HYDRA caused me to be fit and in good shape, now that I'm an avenger that shape is a necessity.

It was coming around to almost a month of no Steve. It was a lot to carry but I had it under control, for now.

I made my way down to the workout room about to start my daily training before I got rudely interrupted.

"OW SAM- YOU ASSHAT" I squealed as I was being flipped onto my back.

"What? Princess Y/n wasn't ready for an attack? looks like someone is getting rusty" Sam grinned taking his fighting stance.

I smiled and flipped back onto my feet into my stance.

"Very funny, pigeon. You just caught me off guard is all" I rushed towards Sam wrapping my thighs around his head flipping him over keeping him in my grasp.

"What was that? I can't hear you" I giggled as Bucky entered the room.

"I see you've mastered Nat's infamous thigh thing," He said waving his hand at me as I got up from Sam patting his shoulder.

"Wasn't that hard, to be honest, it's nothing short of what I learned at HYRDA" I moved to grab a bottle of water.

"Fury wants us in his office by 10 am. He said there is a matter that the four of us need to handle" Bucky said shrugging taking my bottle of water out of my hands drinking it.

"HEY- what's up with you guys harassing me today?" I said putting my hands on my hips.

"You mean like every other day?" Sam stood up walking towards me.

"Sam don't test me-"

He pulled my hair and war began between the three of us. Hey, I guess that was my daily training for today.

-

"You three are here today because I've noticed an imbalance in our city"

Fury passed 3 files down, each to one of us. I opened up the file getting Agent 13, Sharon carter.

"Sorry director- I'm not following," I said out loud scanning the file.

"I was about to continue until you interrupted me Ms. L/n," He said giving me a stern look.

"Sorr-" I was cut off by Fury.

"AS I was saying, these files are of recent SHIELD agents that have gone missing. They were each sent on a mission to take down a HYDRA base. The odd thing is, the mission was successful" Fury said sitting at his desk holding his hands.

"So all of a sudden they are all going missing since the successful mission?" Bucky said handing the file back.

"Exactly Barnes. This is why I need you and Y/n to investigate, with Sam of course. You two know HYDRA better than anyone else. We've found another one of their bases and it is your job to infiltrate the base and find out as much as possible and report back"

"Seems easy enough," Sam said setting his file back on Fury's desk.

"I'm in" Said Bucky standing next to Sam.

"Ms. L/n what's your move?" Fury said sitting back.

"I'm in" I stood up putting the file on his desk.

"Good. I'll email you all the coordinates and info about the base we have so far. Your mission begins in 2 days, now get out"

We all left Fury's office fast before he managed to throw a stapler at one of us for moving too slow, again.

"You boy's ready for our first mission?"

"Are you ready for your first mission Y/n?"

"You know what Sam? I think I am"

"You can't think Y/n, you have to know"

"I know Buck, I know"

-

2 days ago I was fine and all was well. We had a plan, a good one at that. So, how was I tied up in a room? I have no goddamn idea.

"PST PST- dammit Wilson wake up" I tried to kick Sam but he was too far. They knocked him out, just like Bucky. I don't know why they didn't do the same to me, it made no sense.

3 HYDRA agents came in grabbing each one of us.

"Stop it- you can't take me" I groaned as they picked me up off the ground.

"Boss wants to see you, don't push your luck" The muscular man shoved me through the door taking Bucky and Sam in the opposite direction of each other while I was going across the hall.

"What boss? HYDRA doesn't-" He shoved me into the room, leaving me alone.

"Son of a bitch" I mumbled. How could I let this happen? Steve would be so disappointed in me. 

I heard a big thump behind the metal door. It could be the boss- oh god what was he going to do to yo- right then and there Bucky busted through the door.

"Y/N! THERE YOU ARE WE HAVE TO GO-" He hurried towards me untying me.

"Where's Sam?"

"He's guarding the door. Listen, Y/n we don't have much time until-"

"GUYS HURRY" Sam yelled and we ran out of the room.

We were fighting HYDRA agents left and right. We ended up splitting up during the fight somehow. You ended up on the other end of the building. You were making your way back to the boys when you got knocked over. You looked up and saw Steve, young Steve.

"Steve?" You said holding your head. Your mind had to be playing tricks on you right?  He looked like he was in some sort of uniform too.

"Y/N" Bucky yelled making you look his way before passing out into complete darkness.