Scene 1

The stage is dark with just a spotlight on the door. Several knocks are heard and Elle walks with summer type clothing from stage from SL. She walks to the door, but does not open it. She, instead, mumbles to herself.

Elle: Just realize that I'm not going to answer, please.

The knocking continues.

Voice: Um, excuse me! Is anyone home?

Elle: No, just go away.

Voice: Hello?

Another set of knocks is heard, but then it's silent. Elle waits for a moment and then sighs in relief.

Elle: Finally, they're gone.

Elle turns around to leave. The knocking starts back up right before Elle exits SL. Elle groans and walks back up to the door. Instead of opening it though, she talks through it.

Elle: Please, go away.

Voice: Ah, so someone is here! Sorry for knocking so much, but- um... I'm sorry, are you not going to open the door?

Elle: No. You're fine talking through the door... continue on.

Voice: Oh... Um, I just wanted to say hi. I just moved into the apartment next to you and... um... Sorry, this is just weird talking through a door. Are you sure you won't open it?

Elle: I'm sure. Goodbye.

Voice: Wait, uh, just wanted to tell you... I'm Dan. And you are?

Elle pauses, then contemplates on whether to give her name or not.

Elle: It's Elle.

Dan: Elle... that's a nice-//

Elle: Feeling uncomfortable, Elle cuts Dan's sentence off. //I'm sorry. I have to go. Please, don't bother me.

Elle turns away from the door and exits SL quickly.

Dan: Oh... okay. Bye.

Lights go to blackout.