"Solemn Heart"

Jareriel paced up to the apartment just above the quaint shop he had ran. Bursting through the door, he collapsed in tears. He spied the hideous burn that disturbed his tender skin. How come his best friend could singe his skin like this? He conjured up whatever heavenly powers he could to reverse the damaged but it was to no avail. He knew the wound would heal quickly yet the hole created in his heart by Damien was almost as crippling. No words would ever describe how Jareriel felt in this moment expect for one.

Betrayed.

Damien sped past pedestrians, police, and other drivers with no care in the world. Clear droplets fell from his chin. Blasting out the speaker was Post Malone's "I Fall Apart", capturing his own self-deprecating mood. As the tears flowed faster, he screeched "Devil in the form of a whore, devil in the form of a whore!" along with the solemn man. As he pulled up to his apartment building, he was greeted with a unsettling site. A fire had broke out from one of the higher apartments. The flames were extinguished hours upon hours ago yet it intrigued him.
Damien sped up to his own apartment which had a peculiar black doorway instead of the mahogany openings the rest had. A cold breeze belted out the door as Damien opened it. He stepped into the room, cool granite tile against his classic Doc Marten boots. He slipped off the leather jacket he had been wearing and laid it on the blood red couch. He turned to the tiny bar that he had installed and grabbed whatever bottle he could reach first. After a few big swigs, he plopped down on the couch. He continued to drink as he tried to forget what he had done.

Hours had passed since the incident. Jareriel drifted softly, almost spector-like, down the stairs and back to the crime scene. He stood behind the barista station and began brewing a hot cup of coffee. He set two mugs down on the counter and began to froth the milk for his late night caffeine rush. After the coffee brewed, he instinctively poured one glass of black coffee. He looked down at the mug, words stuck in his throat. His eyes welled up with tears before he picked up the analog dial phone. The wheel spun round as he recalled Damien's cellular number. The phone rang only once before an obviously drunk Damien picked up.

"H-Hello?" He slurred.

"It's Jareriel. I'm sorry." He choked out

Damien shook his head, though was only seen by himself, "N-No it's my f-fault. I-I'll be right over"

Jareriel pauses before almost shouting, "No! You are drunk!"

Damien smirked, "Fuck it. You are more important to me."

Jareriel's heart never had beaten faster in his life. Damien's care for him triumphed over the hatred he normally had for angels.

Damien chuckled, "See you soon, angel", before hanging up the phone.

A bright blush overcame Jareriel face as he set the phone back on the receiver. He pulled his mop of hair into a big curly bun, leaving a few pieces out to frame his face. He straightened his white button-up and his tan dress pants before finishing his decadent coffee.

"God, he is tempting"