"Au Revoir Mon Amour"

The morning air smelled so sweet yet felt so cold. The air hit both of them in the face harshly. A booming cackle jolted them both awake. Their final judgement day came. The archangel, Raphael, stood next to Astaroth whom laughed at the site of the men tangled together, sleeping. Astaroth grabbed Damien by the wrist and pulled him to his feet.

"To hell we go!" He bellowed, snapping him and Damien out of existence.

"The higher court is waiting, Jareriel," Raphael verbalized in his smooth voice.

Jareriel nodded as Raphael's skinny fingers wrapped around his wrist. Raphael snapped his fingers and they both appeared in front of the band of archangels. Raphael made his way up to the throne he normally sat in. Jareriel hung his head in shame as the group talked in hushed voices.

Astaroth pulled Damien to the room where they normally tortured people. He sat Damien in a chair in front of a court similar to the one in Heaven. The only difference was they were comprised of demons instead of angels.

Astaroth called the court to order and became his spiel, "Demons! We are here to judge the infamous Damien, formerly known as Uriel, for the crime of fraternizing with an angel."

"Oh, bugger off! Why do you even care?" Damien shook his head.

"Silence!" Astaroth hissed, "Demons, please discuss the verdict."

Only mere moments had gone by before the demons came to a conclusion.

The foremen of the court stood, "We find the defendant guilty of his crime. The punishment for said crime will be eternal torture."

Astaroth snapped his fingers and the chains fell to the floor. A cunning smile arose from his lips. He had waited eons for the fallen angel to receive what he deserved.

"Any last words?" Astaroth heckled the twice-damned angel.

"Why don't you have a drink with me, love?" He said as he pulled a flask out of his inside jacket pocket.

"What is that?" Astaroth stared at the silver flask bound in a leather covering.

"Why don't you find out?" Damien said angrily, splashing the violet liquid onto Astaroth.

He roared in pain, bringing him down to his knees. Astaroth gasped for breath, scratching at the floor. Sacramental wine brought down the "Great Duke of Hell".

Damien scoffed and turned to the court, "If I find out any of you lot told a single soul about this, I will slaughter all of you."

He sauntered up to Astaroth, stepping onto his chest. He forced his mouth open before pouring the rest of flask into his mouth. He gargled in agony before gulping down the deadly liquid. Astaroth gasped in last breath before his eyes rolled in the back of his head.

Jareriel stood, twiddling his thumbs, before Michael stood, clearing his throat.

"We find the defendant guilty of his sins," He muttered, "The punishment is damnation by hellfire."

The vortex of fire opened its mouth, awaiting Jareriel's arrival. He hesitated, stepping backwards and trying to escape. He was blocked by two common angels. They both pushed him close to the void. They stopped within a few feet of the pit.

Damien quickly tore off his leather and laid it over the deceased body of Astaroth. He looked down the long hallway to see if anyone was coming. The court had scattered off long before Damien covered up Astaroth's body. He believed no one should have to see a corpse, even a demon.

"Damn, have I become soft?" Damien shook his head before rummaging through Astaroth's pockets.

Damien finally found what he was looking for, the key to the portal room. He dashed as fast as he could down the hallway towards where he had fallen all those years ago. Damien found the door he had come out of and first met Astaroth. He became close to Astaroth when he first fell but now, he hated his guts.