"Sixteen Hours"

"I hate you, you stuck up little bitch!" Damien screamed across the apartment.

Three days had passed since the encounter with Astaroth, causing Jareriel's mind to wander into deep thought. Jareriel approached Damien with an absurd thought in his mind. Damien pinned Jareriel up against the wall in response.

"You wanna give up now? You wanna give up on me now?" He yelled, grabbing Jareriel by the collar.

"You don't hate me, do you?" Jareriel stuttered, looking up into Damien's eyes.

"Love, I can't hate you and you know that." He released Jareriel whose knees trembled violently.

"I will fall if I get caught with you. I can't fall, Damien. Hell is going to torture me if they get the chance." Horror filled his voice, choking out his words.

"I will never let that happen, Jareriel," He stared into his cherub's eyes, "I will die before that happens to you."

Jareriel gulped, scratching the back of his neck. He couldn't find a solution to this tragedy other than leaving Damien completely. 

"Get in the car, Jareriel," Damien growled softly into his ear.

Jareriel, still in his pajamas, ran down the stairs sliding on his Oxford shoes.

Damien slide on his Doc Marten's and sauntered out the door, slamming it shut and snapping magically to lock the door.

Jareriel stood outside the car, waiting for Damien to approach the car first. Damien pulled open the door for Jareriel, making sure he was in the car comfortably. He paced around to the right side and yanked the door open, sliding in and igniting the engine.

The first hour was complete silence. Jareriel had no clue where they were going, but he occasionally looked over to see tears fall down Damien's face. 

Jareriel, finally, broke the silence, "Where are we going, deary?"

Damien leaned over, whispering into the angel's ear, "Cannes."

Jareriel's eyes lit up when the demon told him the surprise, "Cannes! I love Cannes!"

Damien snapped his fingers, and both were immediately dressed. Jareriel was delighted when he saw his pajamas turned to a light blue suit with a white dress shirt. A white bowtie wrapped around his neck. Damien smiled, though his face was puffy. An all-black suit wrapped around Damien's body. A dark crimson tie flowed down his chest.

Jareriel whispered, "Fifteen hours?" 

Damien nodded, slipping on his left glove and interlocking fingers with Jareriel. Jareriel rested his head on Damien's clothed shoulder. Jareriel slowly drifted to a restful sleep. Damien continued to drive, occasionally checking on his love.

The car stopped suddenly, causing Jareriel to stir awake. Damien turned to the angel stroking his hand gently. There was a blockage on the highway they were traveling. Damien laid on the horn before Jareriel elbowed him angrily.

"What are you doing?!" He said angrily, glaring at Damien.

"Trying to get to Cannes, why?" Damien said with a hellish smirk.

Jareriel rolled his eyes, "Just drive the car and don't honk the horn again, please."

"Bet your ass, I will!" Damien drifted into the shoulder and sped past the traffic.

"Oh, dear Lord, please help me!" Jareriel shouted as he watched the speedometer reach up to over 90 miles per hour.

"Lord can't keep you from me, love!" Damien stepped on the gas and sped all the way to Cannes