Captured.

-Matt-

Matt was still crying into Carter's chest. He couldn't believe what just happened. He felt like dying. But he knew he had to keep going. He knew he had to keep on in this Purge and that's what he intended to do. He laid Carters cold body back down and shed a tear.

"I'll do this for you man" Matt whispers

He started running, he had no idea where he was going but boy was he going there fast.

-Jack-

A gasp escapes Jacks mouth as Taylor let's out his last words.

"NO" Jack sobs "NO NO NO - NO"

He just lost the only person he had left. He has nothing now. He places Taylor's body down and then walks over to the car. He finishes the job in total silence, as tears seem to keep escaping his eyes. Finally there's one last spark. And ...

"I got it." Jack says to the women an children quietly. He opens the car door so the women can sit inside then helps her children.

"Okay so you're gonna wanna drive fast but not too fast you might get into an accident and not to slow or else they will know that you're not a criminal. Whatever you do just drive. Don't stop." Jack explains

"Aren't you coming with us?" The women asks

"No ma'am I just can't do that"

The women nods, starts the car and then pulls out and zooms off. Jack waves goodbye to the children as they roll away.

-Matt-

Matt was still running and he wasn't gonna stop anytime soon, but was stopped. While running Matt heard footsteps.

Keep going. Ignore them.

Matt thinks contining. Suddenly he is hit on the head with something incredibly hard and drops to the floor.

-Jack-

While paying attention to the car Jack is too hit on the head hard. He also knocks out.

****************************oh my god loves. Can this really be the second to LAST chapter😭😩 I'm gonna cry. I'm writing and publishing the final chapter today as well. I can't believe how far this book has come.