"An unexpected visit..."- chapter 37

Alissa's PoV
"Magnus, it's time to wake up!" I shouted excitedly. While quickly pulling his curtains open, earning a very annoyed sigh from him. "Did you sleep okay in your new room?"

"Like a rock." He mumbled, eyeing the glass of orange juice I placed on his bedside table. "Oh. Freshly squeezed orange juice and a full glass too."

"This is one of the first perks of living at the Institute. I'm so glad Alec agreed to letting you stay with us." I smiled brightly at him. "But, now get out of bed or we'll be late to breakfast. It stops serving at 9am."

"Biscuit, look I appreciate all the hospitality everyone is giving me, but... isn't there laws about Downworlders living here?" He frowned.

"Well, they're not rules... they're just suggestions. Not that I follow most of the Claves rules anyway." I mumbled. "Besides, you're just visiting for an extended period of time."

"But what would your fellow ShadowHunters think about a Warlock wandering down the halls?" He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"They'd be fine with it. Or they'd have to go through me if they have a problem. Now I'm not kidding, let's go." I ordered, pulling at his arm to make him get out of bed. We walked quickly down the halls, finally arriving at the dining hall.

"So, What... I can choose anything I like?" Magnus asked, picking up a tray and staring down at the food.

"Yeah, that's basically what I do every morning." I chuckled, picking up a large spoonful of bacon and placing it down on my place. "When I think about it... I've never been told there's a limit to how much you can eat."

"That's a good thing for you then, always scoffing food down when you can." I barely heard him mumble under his breath. I glared at him before picking up my tray and heading towards the several rows of benches in the middle of the room.

"You know it's not too late to go out for breakfast, right?" Magnus laughed nervously as people started to stare at us.

"And miss the pancakes and bacon that they are serving today?" I gasped in fake horror making him smile slightly. I breathed in deeply before heading towards my normal spot next to Alec.

"Magnus?" Jace's asked in surprise as he sat down across from me, next to Izzy. "What are you doing here?"

"Um... where do i start..."
"Lorenzo kicked him out of his apartment in exchange for his magic back, so now he has no where else to stay." I explained, earning an stern look from both Alec and Magnus "What? You were gonna make it a long story?"

"But, now he's going to be living with us for a little while." Alec informed, heads nodding from across the table.

"That's great." Clary smiled at him.

"Absolutely. Welcome to the Institute, Magnus." Izzy beamed, holding her glass up in the air.

"Glad to be here." Magnus smiled slightly but frowned as he glanced around the dining hall. I noticed that people were whispering and still staring over towards our table.

"Take no notice of them." I sighed, grabbing his attention. "It's not you, it's just they don't see a lot of Warlocks in here."

"I can see why." He muttered, picking up a pancake and looking at it in disgust. I giggled quietly as he used his magic to transform him food into something better. I'm suddenly distracted though by my phone that was vibrating in my pocket but I pulled it out to see that it was an unknown number.