[4]

SUMMER

It was hot

It was hot. Sansa wiped the sweat from her eyes, closing them against the heat.

She felt light headed. The new medicine the pack doctor had put her on made her dizzy. She didn't feel like eating anymore with it. A sad thing, but something she had to do to keep the whispers away from her and Warren. The oddities of the girl who ventured into the forest every day.

Sansa looked around at the trees, taking in the empty space.

He probably would not come until hours later, when dusk was falling, and the sun and moon were trading places.

She had plenty of time. Plenty of time to get away from the unbearable heat.

Slowly she stripped off the clothes that stuck to her skin. Fresh air hit her- a welcomed relief. She stepped into the lake, experience giving her knowledge that no one would disturb her while she swam.

She passed the time by, idle in her movements as she watched the sky morph from blue to colors such as red and orange.

She didn't know how she knew. It was something she was becoming aware of more and more. A gut feeling almost that told her when he was there. She smiled as she continued swimming, knowing those silver eyes were somewhere in the woods watching. A thrill went down her at the thought. She wondered what he was thinking. What thoughts might be running through his mind at the sight of her. She wondered also if he noticed the weight she had lost. The change in her body from the medicine they had her taking now.

She hoped he wouldn't.

But he was too observant for his own good.

"Sansa."

Her head rose from the water. They made eye contact before the stranger looked quickly away.

Sansa continued to tread water, coming closer to the shore- but not enough to where her feet could touch the bottom.

"You came."

"Yes."

His eyes still looked modestly away as she climbed out of the lake. He cleared his throat, an edge of discomfort found in the noise that had Sansa smiling as she reached for her shirt.

"It's okay- I'm still wearing my underwear and stuff."

"Yes." His simple word was short and clipped. Sansa sighed, quickly pulling the shirt over her to end his unease.

They sat down as they always did. Across from each other- face to face- with their backs pressed against the trunks of the trees.

"Are you well?" Those silver eyes examined her, concern the only emotion she could find in them.

"Yes...I'm good now that you're here."

Her answer was not one that he liked. She could tell from the way he looked away and clasped his hands. He spoke little- resulting in her to learn the different movements and meanings from his body language. She would never tell him what an expert she had become now in reading his skin and telling the hidden meanings behind each action.