• 32 •

Night could not recognize her. He could not see her.

Sansa sat in front of him, crying that she had found him. She had finally found him. But not him. Not really him.

Slowly she rose, looking around the room at the other males who were in the same state.

Some were like Night. Some showed no outward signs of pain. They were trapped within their head. But there were others who cried out.

And Sansa felt her own soul cry with them.

She approached one and gently began to treat him.

"You should leave." They all whispered the same words to her. "You should leave, while she is gone."

Leave.

But where?

How?

"It doesn't matter."

Sansa looked up at the male she was treating.

Out of all of them, he was the most injured. But he made no noise of pain or discomfort. His body was leaned against the wall, defeat written into every inch of his skin.

"You can heal them now. But they will still feel the pain eventually. It's not an injury that you are used to treating. This pain does not go away."

"If they have some relief, even if it's brief, then I'll still treat them."

The male looked down at her. His eyes were a curious color. Like the forest. Sansa saw the blue of the sky, the green of the trees, and the brown of the dirt that held it all together. It was a beautiful sight.

"She won't like this."

"That female?"

The male nodded.

There was a silence between them before the male spoke. "He is your soul?"

Sansa looked to where the male was staring. Her heart seemed to stop every time she saw Night now. She couldn't comprehend that he was there. He was actually there in front of her. But still away.

"Yes," she whispered.

"He doesn't belong to you."

Sansa turned quickly back to face him. Agony. The closest emotion that could describe what ripped through Sansa at his words was agony.

His expression held no remorse. He only continued to stare at her, his blank eyes blinking in silent appraisal at her as he watched her suffering.

"You should leave," the male whispered. "Leave and forget about this place. About him. It's what he would want."

"I can't leave him." Sansa couldn't even comprehend the thought. How could she leave him? He was there right in front of her. This male had no idea. No idea of the journey she had gone through to find him.

"You can though," he argued, "it will be difficult. But you can."

Sansa felt tears come to her eyes. She had been holding them back but now they fell. The male watched as they continued to fall. She put her hands over her eyes, trying to block out the sight of it all- of the pain, the blood, and Night. His void eyes that could not see her.

Slowly though, Sansa wiped away her tears. She picked up the bandages she had dropped and began again to dress the wounds on the male.

"It's useless." His face matched the faces of the males who knew nothing of what was going on around them. He was void but in a different way. A terrible way.