34

That's a fever.

No wonder why she felt so tired throughout the day at university. She didn't conversate much with her friends and slept through classes and lunch. Moreover, while texting Doyoung he felt really worried, not only because his friend was sick but also because of Yuta, he would have done the impossible to skip his Korean class just to help her recover.

Being the father he is, Doyoung suggested her to stay at home and invited only himself for now - to avoid any kind of rumors- to stay at her place without her confirming anything. Bringing the whole group could have been really risky, he thought.

He took her temperature and scolded her if she got out of bed. He has been treating her like a child as if she was a Jeno. He'd aw at her and pinch her nose and cheeks.

"Please, don't." She ordered him after he put a wet towel on her forehead. She really appreciate what he's been doing for her, but it's just a little too much.

"It will help you recover." He replied sitting at the edge of her bed,"Why did it have to happen to you out of everyone, I mean Haechan can be ok tho with a little fever."

She sighs and threw the towel down on the bed. Doyoung scolds her hitting her legs. Just as she was about to hit him back, his phone rang showing yuta's name.

"Drink the herbal tea now." He ordered giving her a tea he made himself before picking up.

Showing him a sly smile, Eriin forced herself to drink more of it since she didn't wanna hurt Doyoung's feelings.

"Who ?" She curiously asked as he hang up.

"Yuta." He replied putting the towel on her forehead, again. "He just asked where I was since I didn't attend Korean class... I mean, I don't really need it."

"Thanks Doyoung, really." They smiled at each other, "But why don't you just leave for God's sake." He rolled his eyes as she sighs.

She loves him, but she really needs him gone.

"I am about to leave." He said carrying his bag as he left the room. She stood up and followed him to the front door.

"Really ?"

He nodded and opened the door revealing a red haired yuta, "There was a sudden change of plans, he's staying with you instead." Doyoung winked at her pointing at him.

"Are you really staying ?" She asked Yuta avoiding his eyes which made her legs weak and her heart pound so fast

"He is staying." Doyoung replied for him, "All night." He added as he left the two in the apartment.

She became flushed all of a sudden and tucked her hair behind her ear and she didn't dare to make eye contact with him.

She hates whenever he makes her feel weak or when the smile of his makes her heart pound like crazy. Moreover, his actual red hair didn't make it any better. No wonder why so many girls falls for him. She never told him directly that he is cute or even hot, which she thinks he really is for sure.

It grew quiet. There was the awkwardness she was trying to avoid. If Doyoung didn't tell him about her state this wouldn't have happened.

"You're cute" She froze, trying to process every word she just said.

He took a few steps closer to her as she backed a little,"I know."

She rolled her eyes, walking to the kitchen and coughing in the process. "Always so humble."

"You're very sick." He stopped her by her wrist and placed his palm on her forehead.

She denies, shaking her head and taking his wrist down, "I'm not that sick."

"You have a fever Eriin."

She sighs, "I'm just cold, a little rest and I'll be fine." She smiles to reassure him but he wasn't convinced at all.

"Take this." He handed her some pills he bought her on his way.

"No thanks."

"Please ?" He begged trying to convince her but failed at it.

"No-"

"Open, now." He felt proud, knowing that he verbally defeats her.

She knows that it will end up worse if she keeps trying to run away. She huffs and open her mouth allowing him to drop the pill in her mouth.

"Drink this." He handed her a bottle of water that.

"I don't-"

"You need it." He encouraged.

"... Fine." She gave up and took a few sips of it.

"Good girl." He smiled at her, brushing her hair back, "Now you have to drink the tea Doyoung-..."

"No way I'm not drinking that liquid again, please." She begged as she tugged on his shirt, "It is... disgusting."

"Eriin, drink it."

She rolled her eyes already annoyed by his presence. How long does she have to endure this ?

-----

This story is finally updated !
I'm sorry about the long awaited chapter. I was struggling with exams and travels but I'm back ! 

Also.

Hendery Yangyang and Xiaojun will be introduced in the next chapters ;))

Are you a hard stan or a soft stan ?