f i f t e e n

❝ it's so terrifyingly easy for him to gain the upper hand, resulting in everything being in his control. how can you win against such a guy?❞

[yo, im back. exam season is over and now im lazy again. also yeah maybe i want a boyfriend not the point though]

The upcoming Sports Festival. One of the only three he would ever partake in. M/n, as expected, was not nervous.

In the two weeks they had to prepare for the Sports Festival, M/n didn't do much, occasionally sparring with Todoroki using only his Aura quirk. Out of the seven fights they had over the two weeks, he'd only lost one. 

Though this frustrated Todoroki, he ultimately gained helpful advice and new ideas from M/n. 

 ●

The day of the Sports Festival.

M/n had gone to find Aizawa before the day had started. 'Find' meaning M/n had teleported directly to Aizawa after checking where he was using his quirk. 

Aizawa was not surprised to see M/n out of thin air.

"What do you want?" The older man questioned.

"I don't want to participate in the Sports Festival." 

"You have to. You're in 1-A." 

M/n stayed silent, thinking about the situation. He didn't want to participate in the festival as he would attract too much attention on himself, resulting in high up villains who know of his quirk and family. On the other hand, he wanted to participate. He wanted to enjoy the festival to have fun and show off his Control Panel quirk.  

As M/n was about to teleport away, knowing he would be forced to participate, Aizawa spoke.

"You've changed, L/n. The burning adrenaline in you seems to have disappeared. The boy I fought and had a tie with one on one... that isn't you. If you behaved like this when we were doing that special recommendation for you, I would never of let you into the hero course. Back then, you were eager and excited. Where is that now? Why has it left you? During the festival today, I want that to come back to you. I want you to fight with emotion and eagerness to win.  Only then will you see yourself improve. Now leave and let me have some peace and quiet before the festival begins." 

M/n was speechless as Aizawa shooed him away. 

He teleported home, thinking about what Aizawa said.

Never had again genuinely expressed concern for M/n like Aizawa had just done so. Never had someone been so worried for him that he had to think about who he truly was.

With an aching heart and an alarm set for 7 am, M/n fell asleep.

As expected. M/n was....

RUNNING LATE.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. 

M/n used his Control quirk to put on his clothes and teleport to the 1-A waiting room.  He appeared and found everyone watching the conversation between Todoroki and Midoriya.