eins

⁠—❝Because, wouldn't it be nice to slow dance at night by a camp fire where nobody could interrupt us?❞

A galaxy freckled with white and covered with sky hues sat above their heads. The sun gone to rest, replaced with the dazzling moon, a full moon for the special night. Two pairs of legs dangling off the rocky ledge, crashes of ocean water below them. The wind urged the waves to swim as the moonlight lit them, the stars reflecting on the water. The sound of the waves hitting against the mountain was soothing to both of their ears as they held hands, eyes locked in front of them.

M/n was the one to slip out of Todoroki's hand and stand up, holding a hand out for Todoroki.

"Why are you getting up?" 

"You'll see." 

Todoroki reached for M/n's hand, his tender hands pulling on M/n's to lift himself up swiftly. When Todoroki had stood up, M/n softly pulled him along with him, walking towards the middle of the clear mountain top. Leaning forward, M/n whispered in Todoroki's ear, "Hey, close your eyes."

Without questioning it, Todoroki's eyelids fell, proving his trust for M/n.

With the a singular thought from M/n, their surrounding changed slightly. 

"Open your eyes, Shoto."

The once empty space now held a small campfire, with a purple flame that burned brightly. The purple was a calm, royal colour. It even seemed to make the stars spark even brighter. Their dark surroundings became illuminated by the blaze of fire. The air around them changed from cold to an embracing warmth. The fire instead of feeling destructive, felt kind and life-giving. The flames crackled and sizzled, consuming the wood to continue surviving.

M/n, who had still not let go of Todoroki's arm, decided to surprise him. 

M/n's free arm placed itself onto Todoroki's slim waist and Todoroki seemed to have understood and placed his arm around M/n's back, both extending their arm which they held hands with. M/n took the first step, both of them trying to warm up to the new idea. They danced along the fire, forgetting about their surroundings and focusing only on each other. Somehow, they both knew the right moment to move, and the right step to take to fit each other, like two puzzle pieces. 

There was no music, but surely in the moment, they could hear each other's heartbeats, and that was enough.

Their dancing came to end, Todoroki held in M/n's arms. They stared at each other, wide eyed and breathing loudly.

Before M/n could question how they pieced together so perfectly, Todoroki's lips met with his. Pure emotion, there was nothing else to what Todoroki's behaviour meant. The kiss was full to the brim with love, excitement and meaning, so M/n relaxed into the kiss. They held the kiss for as long as they could, before breaking off to catch their breaths.

Deep inside, he knew how they were perfect fits. 

[this was so mf cute... also this is ANOTHER SUBTLE hint to the last chapter]