04 | The "Best" Friend

“Rise and shine, party lion!”

Bin squinted at the bright light coming through the window, rolling over on the other side with a groan. “What time is it?”

“Noon. I let you sleep through breakfast, we just had lunch. I've brought you some food,” Dongmin said, setting down a plate of omurice on the bedside table next to Bin, along with a glass of water. “I told them you weren't feeling too good, and they let me take it back to the room.”

“Fuck, I'm sorry,” Bin said, sitting up and rubbing his eyes tiredly, pressing on his forehead to alleviate the ache. “I'm not exactly giving your family the best first impression.”

“Don't worry, I lied and told them you had stomach cramps,” Dongmin said, running a hand through Bin's messy hair.

“You really are making a habit of lying to your family about me,” Bin mumbled, wincing when his bladder made itself known, rushing to the bathroom. He got back and sat up in bed, grabbing his plate and balancing it in his lap, reaching for the chopsticks. “Please tell me your mom didn't draw the ketchup heart.”

“That was me, you jerk,” Dongmin said, cheeks heating up when Bin laughed. “Anyway, eat up and you might get a Kit-Kat.”

“You bought Kit-Kats?” Bin asked, looking up excitedly, swallowing his mouthful. “You know I love Kit-Kats.”

“Why do you think I bought them?” Dongmin asked, rolling his eyes, though his smile was soft when he emptied the contents of a plastic bag on the bed. Not only had he gotten Bin's favourite Kit-Kat flavours, but also a few of his go-to hangover drinks, and Bin's chest fluttered warmly.

“You're the best.”

“You're here with me, aren't you?” Dongmin said, laughing as he picked up his book, sitting next to Bin in bed and starting to read. “Don't mention it.”

+

They'd gone down to the swimming pool after lunch to find it completely empty, all the other patrons likely out skiing and enjoying the snow. Dongmin didn't seem to mind, though, swimming laps and splashing water at Bin, who was sitting on the edge in his trunks, swaying his feet in the water. “Race me from one end to the other?”

Bin looked up from his feet with a grin, cocking his head at Dongmin. “Why would I want to crush your spirit like that?”

“You talk big, but can you back it up?” Dongmin asked, unbothered by Bin's confident attitude, floating in the water and looking expectantly at Bin.

“Just don't come crying to me about your bruised ego,” Bin said, getting up and diving into the pool, brushing his hair back and swimming to the far side of it. “First one to get across and back again gets the last Kit-Kat?”

“Fine by me,” Dongmin said and followed Bin.

Despite Bin's cocky banter, he ended up losing, and Dongmin was still grinning when they got out of the shower, towelling off and putting their clothes back on. “Stop looking so smug, competitions aren't about winning or losing, they're about having fun.”

“Tell that to the last Kit-Kat,” Dongmin said, his grin unwavering, and Bin rolled his eyes.

“We both know you're going to share it with me anyway.”

“Maybe I won't, just for that comment,” Dongmin said, sticking his tongue out at Bin, and Bin had to hold back a snort. Dongmin was truly adorable, and Bin didn't even mind that he lost, just seeing Dongmin like this was worth it.

He wrapped his arms around him from behind, hugging him tightly for a moment before stepping back so he could put his shirt on.

“You love me,” Bin mumbled, and Dongmin didn't protest.