23• O, IT IS MY LOVE

Sabrina rushes into Ambrose's room.

"It worked, Tommy's back home with Harvey, who is so happy" She grins.

I let out the breath I've been holding, "that's amazing, Brina" I clasp my hands together.

Ambrose leans forward, "and how is Tommy feeling himself?" He questions and she looks away, "fine".

She's lying.

"Does he have any sense of what happened to him?" Ambrose presses and Sabrina shoves her hands in her pockets, "unclear".

Ambrose sighs, "Sabrina".

She huffs, "I didn't really talk to Tommy, but apparently he's in shock, which the doctor said is totally normal" she assures.

Ambrose raises his brows, "unless that doctor is a witch doctor I'd get a second opinion. I knew you shouldn't have performed that resurrection, everyone told you not to" he stresses.

I roll my eyes, "hey, that resurrection worked, Tommy will be himself again in a few days, hopefully" I trail off.

Sabrina nods, "yeah, he'll be talking again, eating again--"

"He's not eating?" Ambrose stands quickly and we look at him confused.

"Oh, we have to tell the aunties" he shakes his head.

"We can't, you can't" I rush to him, it'll only cause more trouble that it's worth.

He sighs, "they'll find out eventually, this is a small town, a man coming back from the dead is big news" he states in an obvious tone.

"He didn't come back from the dead, he dug himself out of the mines" Sabrina corrects him.

"But you're right, they will find out, but by that time Tommy will be back to normal and will they be mad? Yes, but the won't be able to undo anything" I point out and he looks down.

Sabrina sighs, "please, Ambrose. Harvey got his brother back, that's all that matters" she smiles.

I nod agreeingly, "yeah, don't be a spoil sport".

"Hey Mr Putnam, is Susie here?" I ask as he answers the door, smiling.

"Yeah, come on in" he steps aside and i smile, walking in ",thanks".

I turn the corner of the stairs, walking towards the green door at the end of the hall.

I stop outside as Susie laughs quietly from inside and i smile, her laugh could light up a room.

"I've never done anything like this before" she whispers excitedly.

I lean my ear against the door curiously, is she talking to someone?

"What if I get caught?" She answers, but nobody said anything.

I step back, knocking lightly.

"Uh, yeah?" She stammers.