Chapter Ten...The Queen

3rd Person Pov

Benny sighed as he looked toward the ground. He hasn't eaten or slept in three days. His clothes were soaking wet from the guards throwing water from buckets at him claiming 

"This is your shower for the day." 

Lucy would come by every day to mention how pathetic he was for loving Emmet, how Emmet would never reciprocate his feelings, telling him that Emmet was probably dead back in apocalypticberg. Lucy came by again and smirked at the scrunched-up male, sitting on the corner of the bed far away from the cell door. 

"Ah, Benny benny benny, still hoping that you'll escape and go see Emmet? Well, I should crush that little dream of yours right now." Benny didn't move and continued to look down. 

"In two weeks' time we'll be invading apocalypticberg and rescue everyone, and when I see Emmet I'm going to apologize and tell him how sorry I am." Benny frowned and continued to listen. 

"And when he excepts my apology like the obedient bitch man he is and kisses me, I'm going to look right at you, as I plunge my knife so deep into his skull and watched him fucking bleed out," Benny growled and ran towards the cell and reached out to her but she stepped back at the last minute. 

"Don't you fucking touch him! I'll kill you bitch!" Lucy laughed loudly before making her way back down the hall. "Do you hear me Wildstyle?! I'll fucking kill you!" 

-With Emmet-

Emmet cleared his throat and placed the camera towards the side before saying a soft come in to Rex who came in with a small plate and a smile on his face. 

"Hey, uhm, I thought you'd be hungry." Emmet gave a small uneasy smile before nodding. Rex walked in closing the door behind him. He silently walked over handing Emmet the plate with him saying a soft thank you and began to eat. "Uhm, if you don't mind me asking, do you have a separate personality disorder?" Emmet paused before swallowing his food. 

"Yea, you could call it that." Rex raised an eyebrow in confusion. He's never had that before in the past so, why does this Emmet have it? 

"What do you mean by that?" Emmet frowned and looked down as he stopped eating. He closed his eyes tightly as he exhaled from his nose.

"My parents abandoned me as a child, we were poor and when I turned five, my parents left me to sit on a park bench saying they were going to bring me back some ice cream, I've never seen them since." He took another bite of his sandwich while Rex stared at him in concern. 

"After that, I tried to survive on my own by searching threw trash cans for food. When I was on the verge of death I laid down on a piece of cardboard in an alleyway, watching as people walked passed me. No one wanted to help a poor kid like me I would have only been a burden to them. And that was my final thought before I felt my eyes close. But I didn't die that day, I awoke on a black leather couch with a blanket wrapped over me. I saw up and looked around to see an older-looking guy wearing a black suit." Emmet smiled sadly before a frown took over his face. 

"He said he wanted to help me, to free me from this hell hole, and I agreed with him. Oh, how stupid I was." Rex frowned but didn't say anything. "After that, he treated me like a son. I received new clothes, ate wonderful food, and went to school like any other child, I even had a bedtime!" Soon Emmet chuckled darkly before glaring down at the table. "That didn't last long, he brought me to a room where I was tested on every.single.day." Tears spilled out of his eyes as he spat out those words. "I tried to endure as much as I could since he saved me from the streets, but I couldn't do it anymore! I tried to escape but he caught me and I was beaten severely. After that day I devoted my life to escaping and when I turned 15 I ran when he dropped me off at school. Since then I got a job and roomed with a roommate, soon after he left and I stayed in the apartment and never moved, fearing if I did he would stop me." 

Rex sat there speechless as he listed to the male's story. Never in his life has anything like that ever happened to him. He remembered his loving parents, he remembered going to college and graduating, getting a construction job, then his old friends, and his ex-girlfriend that he had so many loving memories with. He shut his eyes tightly before quickly standing up causing Emmet to jump and look at him. 

"R-Rex! is everything alright?" He looked towards Emmet before quickly walking towards him, pressing his lips on his passionately catching the male by surprise before he eventually kissed him back. He soon pulled away and placed his forehead on his. 

"I will never let anything like that happen to you ever again, Emmet Brickowski." Emmet smiled as the tears fell from his eyes. He hugged him tightly and sobbed into his chest having Rex close his eyes and pet the male's hair. Soon Emmet stopped and a small yawn escaped his mouth. 

"Sounds like your tired, I carry ya to your room." He hoisted Emmet up into his arms and walked out of the infirmary room and turned right down the hall, making his way toward Emmet's room. He opened the door and walked in, laying the sleeping figure down on the bed. He softly took his heels off and headband, placing them by his bed, and brought the blanket up to his neck.  He smiled softly and kissed his forehead before walking out and shutting the door behind him. He walked back to the infirmary and grabbed the plate and was about to leave till something caught his eye. He looked toward the side of the bed and saw a camera with wings attached to them. He picked it up and sat down on the bed, placing the plate next to him. He opened the camera part and watched as the video began to play. 

"Uh, uhm, hey Emmet. I don't know if you'll...ever get this message but if you do I'd probably be dead by then." Benny chuckled and leaned his head back on the door as he proceeded to cover it. A sad look twinkled in those light brown eyes of his. 

"I uh, just wanted to uh...tell you how much you mean to me and I'm glad that I got to spend most of my life with you and I just wanted to say that-" Someone tried to open the door behind him but he continued to hold it back with muffled voices saying there's something blocking the door. 

"I-I'm just gonna get this out quick, Emmet Brikowski, I'm in love with you." He smiled and pushed the camera out of the window but it didn't fly off yet, recording the queen's guards breaking the door down and grabbing Benny, dragging him out of the room as he screamed to be let go. The video stopped having Rex frown and close the camera and picked the plate up in his other hand and walked out of the room. 

Tomas sighed as he looked through the files given to him prior to him getting on the spaceship with Captain Rex and that idiotic bimbo. 

I mean what did the captain even see in him? He was clumsy! Sure he knew how to cook but that was his only pro! And yes he did have a nice body. Tomas looked down at his waist and bottom before sighing to himself. Soon a door opened causing him to pause and watch as Rex walked out of the infirmary room holding a plate in one hand and a camera in the other. An unreadable expression was shown on his face causing Tomas to raise an eyebrow at him. He watched as he placed the plate and camera down on the counter before walking away, presumingly to the bathroom. When the blond heard the door close he immediately got up from his seat and quickly made his way towards the counter and opened the camera and watched a video play. 

His eyes widen as he suddenly came up with a perfect plan to get Emmet out of the picture. He just needed to save this guy and he would sweep Emmet off of his feet leaving Rex heartbroken and he would go to his side to fix his heart, finally recognizing that he was the one he should have fallen in love with. He smirked and closed the camera before placing it back on the counter as he made his way back toward his seat.