chapter iv

Apollo made his way out the door following the blonde. He had no idea what to expect. He pictured the three kings with long villainous fangs, and powdery paper skin with blood dripping from their eyes and the corners of their mouths. A throne of skulls, and bodies piled high behind their throne with freshly beheaded vampire decorating the interior, the faint sound of crying echoing from a long hallway. A horrific chill scraped against his skin like a blade carefully separating the skin from his body. The image of dried blood splattered on the walls, and their clothing as they attack him didn't help to calm his nerves.

Slow steps echoing down an empty hallway. He could faintly hear the soft beating of a human heart, and the sweet metallic smell of blood. He bit the inside of his cheek. He still had the scars inside of his mouth. The swollen flesh that he had chewed as a nervous habit from sixth grade. The knowledge that his body wasn't entirely foriegn comforted him.

As the door swung open he was abruptly attacked. Large arms wrapped around his arms effectively stopping him from moving. At that point he had almost accepted that was going to die, but when he saw Darry he started to truly fight back. Daria had walked into the room next to him, and was now thrown to the ground with someone holding her wrists down while straddling her hips, making it hard for her to gain any leverage.

He had to protect his sister. She may be older than him, but he would still protect her. That was his job as a brother. He would protect her to his last breath. Well, until he couldn't anymore. When he no longer walked the Earth that will be the only time he would ever leave his sister defenseless again. He wanted to break everyone who even thought of hurting her. Of stopping him from protecting her, because without her in his life he didn't know if he would even be alive.

Everything had happened so quickly. Cracks spread up the neck of the man holding Apollo back. He was going to break this man. The man's arms loosened enough for Apollo to turn around and rip off one of his arms. Cracks form under his hand hands on the man's bicep as he pulled. The force caused the man to be thrown across the room. His head cracked against the large doors. On a normal day a crack wouldn't have snaked it's way from the back his head to his left eye, but this wasn't normal. Apollo paid no mind to the man anymore. All he could think of was how he wanted both of the men to break. As his thoughts strengthen, the man who rested against the door crumbled to peices. Apollo ran at the other man. He will break too. No one will hurt his siter again. No will dare even think of it.

Darry's assailant stood to fight him. Daria had sped away to the back of the wall where the rest of guard stood, but Apollo didn't notice. He was too focused on the man in front of him. He was going to break him, Apollo promised himself. He threw the second assalient into the wall behind him. He will break him. He will never hurt her again. Apollo's right hand wrapped around his neck and deep cracks spread under his hands despite the tiny amount of pressure he had placed and easily removed the man's head. A sickening pop bounced off the walls of the now silent room. His neck shattered like glass beneath Apollo's eyes. Apollo turned back to the man that had been thrown but he laid in pieces on the ground. He was broken. He will never hurt anyone again. Neither one will

"Magnifico." An enchanting voice had echoed, and for the first time upon entering Apollo saw the kings, and they weren't as monstrous looking as he was expecting and it made it that much more terrifying. Nothing about the three screamed I'm-a-power-hungry-king, yet here they sat on a raised dais sitting on glorious thrones.

The one in the middle was the one who had spoken. He had long raven hair that blended into black outfit making it impossible to determine exactly how long it was. His skin was just as pale as expected, but it didn't resemble the sickly pallor of death he had expected, It was like he was carved from marble, with milky red eyes. They weren't as bright as any of the other, but were similar to those of the kings next to him.

"May I?" He asked stepping away from his throne holding out his hands to take his. Darry had told him how one of the kings, Aro, had the ability to read every thought to cross the mind of the person who he was touching. While Apollo would much rather hold his hand to his chest and not let the man touch him, he silently nodded and held out his hand to be taken.

When their skin made contact he felt a soft icy-hot feeling crawl up his skin. It was tingly and gently. It was the icy-hot feeling of warm coffee sliding down your frozen throat in the middle of winter. Feeling it heat up your stomach, and warm you from the inside out. Apollo chew on the inside of his lip anxiously as Aro's eyes took a far away look for a moment before returning to meet his eyes. He had the most delcious smell. Venom pooled in his mouth. He wasn't gay, he didn't think, but now he was starting think that. Aro smelt of glass and stawberries. He's never smelt glass before, but it was a sharp, clean smell that was hard to ignore, and the sugary sweet juice of the stawberries. Apollo had to bite back a moan from the very smell of the man in front of him, who he now realised could read his mind. In a futile attempt at not thinking of anything he started to count backwards in his head from one to a thousand

"How interesting." He purred still holding Apollo's hands. He knew, for a fact, that if he were to have a heartbeat, he would've died from a heart attack. If heart attacks were caused from hearts beating too fast. He silently wondered if you could die from your heartbeating too fast, and if that was what, in fact, a heart attack was. Aro smiled softly and pulled his hand from Apollo's hand. His fingers flexd missing the icy warmth that had ran through his body.