chapter xxi

The plan was simple, and Apollo was sure everything could work. Alec wasn't positive it would go according to plan, but he had hope, which was more than he usually had when following wild plans. This, of course, was a very new event. He wasn't alive when the Volturi had to claim their throne for the first time. This will be his first full rebellion. To say he was excited wouldn't be incorrect, but it wouldn't be correct. He was fourteen, and fourteen year old boys bask in new experiences and fighting, but he was also hundreds of years old, and was tired of fighting and was starting to see the appeal of having a nice life, and just settling down somewhere in the woods to never be disturnbed again.

"Ready, Al?" Apollo's voice quivered, so slightly that a human wouldn't have noticed, but Alec did. He also knew that no matter what, Apollo wasn't going back. That he had to at least try. Alec had started to believe that maybe this wasn't as bad as he originally thought. Maybe they did have a chance.

The two boys set out on their mission. Each one dreaming of what could happen. One dreamed to confront who he now was absolutely positive was his mate, and they other dreamed of everything he's ever wanted to say to his sister. Neither one wanted to admit they horrible fates they had seen in their mind's eyes when it wandered over to the other way things could turn out.

First they had a friend to meet in France. They hadn't booked a flight and ran for half a day to where she lived in Lyon. Jane had fallen in love with the girl, but Adalene Delcour had found her mate, who later died two hundred and fifty years later.

Alec knocked on her door. Apollo felt as if his stomach was turning itself out. He itched to get back to the Volturi, or whoever was left of them. His fingers tapped against his thigh as he heard her slow steps to the door. He wanted to just bust down the door and drag her back to Volterra. Slowly, the oak door opened to reveal a beautiful dark skinned girl with her hair in braids. He could see how Jane and her would've looked cute together. It was like light and dark meeting.

"Adalene, Jane needs your help." Alec looked at the girl with desperate eyes. She looked between the two wearily.

"How?" She side-eyed Apollo, not aware of his existence that had only started no less than nine months ago.

"There's been an attack from the inside, please." This time Apollo had spoken, and she could tell from his voice how broken he sounded, "We need you." Adalene took a deep breath and nodded her head. Her dark curls bouncing. She closed the door behind her. She was in.

"You two have a plan, right?" She asked. She knew that either way she would come, but she would greatly prefer it if they did. Apollo explained their plan, adding few details specifically for her gift: exploding things. Destruction is always quite useful.

---

Apollo stood in the city where his adventure had begun. The night did nothing to affect his eyesight as he saw just how aged the buildings were and heard everything that was happening in their secret rooms. The tick of every clock pounding against his mind as he realized why their walls were so thick. The humans were very loud, everything they made was loud. Especially those with young children, he added mentally as the strangled sound of child crying broke through the other sounds.

Two of the Queens' guards approached them. Alec and him halted as they waited for the new guard to reach them, as Adalene completed her task.

"You're not allowed beyond this point." One said flexing his finger while small electrical pulse ran over his fingers. The other waited quietly for them to respond.

"I need my sister." He made his voice shake as he spoke. He sounded weak as sadness and fear took over his emotions, or so he let them think. He has been practicing on the mental aspect of his power, he could attempt to break their mind, but that would be too risky, and draw unnecessary attention, not to mention how much that could ruin the plan.

"Please," His voice hardened. Apollo took a couple steps towards. He really, really needed to seem peaceful.Then his sister came out. She was dressed in leathers, but he could see the slight gleam of venom in her eyes. He didn't expect to feel as angry as he did. His hand clenched. He faintly heard the sound of tree branch cracking. His Aro was in trouble, if not dead already. Apollo hated the idea of hating his sister, but anger was all he felt. He wasn't sure if was hate, but it was something like disgust tightening around his throat.

"Why are you here?" He almost broke. Well, something did. The possibility of it being Darcia's neck was a little to high. She sounded so broken; she didn't have the right. His strong sister who he watched grow into such a strong woman had taken a turn for the worst. Darcy had not only betrayed him, but she had the audacity to act like she still cared for him. He swallowed the lump in his throat.

"Darcy," He tried to look sad. He tried to focus on how he felt when his first dog died, "I need you," He let the venom filled his eyes. He watched Darcia fully lower her guard and rush towards him. Alec was standing behind them. He didn't know what to do.

"Alec's been helping, but I need my family. I need you," Apollo whimpered into her shoulder. Good thing modeling classes did always include a bit of acting.

"Come on, dear," Darcy wrapped her arm around his waist. She didn't notice the slight cracks tracing their way along the wall of the building that was next to them. She ushered him back onto the grounds of the castle. Alec was allowed to follow, and Adelaine focused on setting up a perimeter, and contacting other nomads who knew the Volturi's use. Yes, the kings, namely Aro, were power-hungry and cruel, but they're all highly intelligent. They have kept they're secrets for many, many centuries.