Chapter Six

"SO HE said he likes you?" Dawn asked while trying to balance baby Sky and her laundry in both arms.

Lea nods. "Sabi niya." She opened the formula can and put three scoops in the feeding bottle. She added sterilized water and shook it thoroughly afterward. She can still remember Dawn's sadness when she learned that it will be difficult for her to produce breastmilk. They tried looking for breastmilk donations and fortunately, they get some from time to time. Dawn just really wants her baby to be healthy.

"Naniwala ka naman ba?" Dawn asked. She placed baby Sky carefully inside her crib and took the feeding bottle from Lea. "Thanks, Lea."

"Of course not. Who would believe that? He likes other girls too. I'm pretty sure he uses the same line dun sa mga model sa New York. Why would he like me? I'm not as pretty as his previous girls and even if what he said was true, it has no impact. I'm sticking to my plan and I only have plan A, no plan B or C, just plan A."

"You're the most beautiful," Dawn says while fixing her mountainous laundry. Lea ignored her.

She walked towards the crib and stared at the baby in it. Dawn bought this elastic item that can be clipped in the crib's railings and holds the feeding bottle for the baby, at least with that, she can do more things other than holding Sky's bottle alone. Sky has grown so much bigger, heavier, and even fluffier. She's turning six months soon. Six months but she already knows how to wrap both of them in just one finger. Such a charmer. Last week, they learned that Sky has already gained the ability to roll her body. Another milestone!

"Hi, beautiful baby." Lea smiled at the sight of Sky.

She likes visiting Dawn as often as possible, she wants to witness how motherhood looks like first hand. She's now more eager to learn fast, especially with Aga using her inexperience with family and romantic relationships to her disadvantage. Two days pa lang kaming nagkikita pero he's talking like he knows me already.

"Lea, come here. Upo tayo." Dawn pulled Lea down on her gray chesterfield couch. Dawn lives in one of the high-rise condos in Manila but the rates are quite expensive so her mom is trying to help her pay her bills until Sky is old enough to have a nanny, that's the only time Dawn can take a job.

"Why don't you accept his offer? Anong ayaw mo sa kanya? Ang gwapo kaya niya, mayaman pa. Actually, it's more of an advantage to you than to him." Dawn says, holding both of Lea's hands.

He is indeed handsome. She was starstruck when she saw him sitting too comfortably in her office chair, wearing his Armani suit. He looked both clean and rough at the same time. He has piercing eyes that could suck anyone's confidence but not Lea's.

"Alam mo, kaya ka nasasaktan kasi ang rupok mo!" Lea bantered.

"Lea! Atake huh!" Dawn gave Lea a gentle push.

"As much as I want to take your advice when it comes to this, I think I'll just pass. Makikinig lang ako sa'yo when you're talking about motherhood. I don't trust your judgment, you have poor taste when it comes to guys." Lea says, thinking about Dawn's stories of misfortunes when it comes to her love life.

"Grabe ka Lea ah! For a friend, you're too blunt!" Dawn scrunched her face at Lea jokingly.

"But it's true, di ba? You said you dated an ex-convict na mahilig mangupit sa wallet mo. And that gay, na nag-out lang after mong piliting makipaghalikan sa'yo, right? Sino pa ba? Uhmmm... Yung 18-year-old student na nagpanggap na 26 years old, di ba sinugod ka pa nga ng nanay nun? Tapos yung ----"

"Hep!!! Oo na, tama na. I get your point. Alam mo, amaze na amaze talaga 'ko diyan sa memorya mo eh, natandaan mo talaga lahat yun?" Dawn sighed. "Malas ko lang talaga sa pagibig pero at least lahat sila gwapo." Dawn wiggled her brows. "But seriously Lea, I think you really need that Aga." She says, looking at her friend's eyes.