Chapter 12

CUYO, PALAWAN

It's already 6:00 Pm and Lea's heart couldn't pound any louder. She is a bundle of nerves. She thinks her pregnant self is about to lie flat on the floor because of a nervous breakdown.

"Hindi ko 'ata kayang tumuloy." Lea rubbed her eyes with her hands, wishing she could escape the current situation she is in.

"Gaga! Tumigil ka nga! Nandiyan ka na, panindigan mo 'yan. If I were you, ie-enjoy ko yung opportunity to meet big personalities." Dawn said on the other line of the video call. Her friend was just fresh from the shower when she tried to call her. She just wants someone to share her misery with. Thankfully, Dawn's daughter is still asleep and she has free time to help Lea calm down. One thing to be thankful for is the stable internet. Totoo bang mabagal ang service dito or nagpapalusot lang si Aga? She brushed the thought from her mind. She just guessed rich people can't last operating with a faulty internet connection, not in the modernized world they are living in right now.

"Meeting personalities is the least of my concern, Dawn." Lea whined. She rested her chin on her hand while her elbows are propped on the table.

"Well, that's true. Alam mo kung anong dapat mong problemahin? Yang hair and makeup mo! Ano ka ba Lea? 6:00 pm na, hindi ka pa rin ayos. 8:00 PM ang ball! Hindi pwedeng basta basta na lang yang itsura mo no. But at least nakabihis ka na. In fairness kay Mr. Hottie CEO, magaling pumili ng dress. Your assets are emphasized huh. Very sexy! Promise me you'll do everything in your power to look dashing tonight. Make sure you'll finally get laid, okay? Work those melons!"

Lea gasped after hearing the obscenity from her friend's words. "Dawn ano ka ba??!!! Can you please tone down your voice? Pa'no kung may biglang pumasok at makarinig sa'yo? Nakakahiya! Can we have a decent conversation at least once?"

"Fine, fine, fine," Dawn said in a softer voice.

"Don't worry about my hair and makeup okay? Joanna, Aga's sister, will be the one to help me with that. As for this dress, she's also the one who bought this for me. Aga is too busy right now, ni hindi pa nga kami nagkikita eh. I only got a call from him nung nakarating na kami dito sa villa."

Another admiring thing she has discovered about Aga is his integrity. He's very hands-on as a boss. He works very hard, hence his company's success. He's more than visuals and money, he is very dedicated as well.

"Good to know! At least panatag ako na hindi ka manang sa ball mamaya." Dawn said while drying her wet hair with a yellow body towel. "Just remember, mamaya with that gown, work the tits. Okay?" Dawn gestured her hands as if cupping her own breasts.

"Dawn! Shut it! Yang bibig mo talaga! I'm not even comfortable with this dress!" Lea stood up and stepped a little further from the table to give Dawn the full view of her dress. "Tignan mo, ang haba nga but the slit is too high. It shows too much legs. It's also tight and the neckline is too low. Look at my breasts, they're almost falling out! Nakakahiya! How can I go out like this? I'm practically naked. The only thing I like about this dress is its color. At least with black, I can hide my baby bump."

Lea walked back towards the table and flopped on her chair. Her stress is going skyward and the ball hasn't even started yet.

"Ano ka ba, Lea? If you'll ask me, I think that dress is way too conservative for my own taste. If you want to talk about naked, I'll show you naked. Lea, loosen up! That pair of breasts, maa-aprecciate ni Aga yan. Be thankful na lang that you are blessed with those and you won't be needing some Victoria Secret push-up bra. You'll make Aga happy, for sure." Lea can feel herself heating up. He doesn't want Aga to look at her tonight like he always does, like he wants to devour her or something because she doesn't want to overthink and be distracted from her mission.