۵ Chapter Ten ۵

Chapter Ten
the ice dragon

The Hollow Fjord
A vast ice canyon, set apart from the rest of Snowfall purely because it's hidden underground in a chasm. Home to the mysterious Frost Elves of The Northern Hollow - an area of great darkness. They only awaken when a dragon is within their area. They feast off of the dragon's power.

The snowfall was fair and light, and the tiny flakes fell soft on the white floor that coated the ice cave. A hidden fortress, forged into the Hollow Fjord stood an ice castle; small in size, but beautiful in sculpture - The walls were thick snow, fused together by the ice of the mountain.. At the back-centre, sat an ice throne - with no means of a chair engraved, thick chunks of ice and snow fused together with a flat surface atop, where the Frost Elf Queen perched; with skin that looked as though it was made from the very walls of the castle the ice throne resided. Her feathery, blue hair reached to the floor, and her feet remained uncovered.

The Queen's elves' bare feet pitter-pattered against the silky ice floor, swarming inside with anger and authority; they had a hold of Moonlight's reins, and several elves forcibly held down the feisty former Shadow Mare. There were only a few elves surrounding them, perhaps within the dozen - however, as they entered through the large crack in the ground, more pooled from its crevices.

Ashai and Ser Topaz were pushed forward, perhaps less than five metres from the Ice Queen, and forced to bow in her presence. An elf pushed down on Ashai's back, and she stared on at the Queen ahead of her. "Okay." She forced, her words running through trembling teeth. She felt herself lowering, much to the delight of the Ice Queen.

Another elf did the same to Ser Topaz, she even used the pommel of his own sword to dig into his lower back as he did not waver to her touch. He did not lower, even then.

"You will kiss the ice you stand on, blessed be Khelek Tari. Elee!" The elf hissed and moved to face him, snarling and snapping her fangs at him.

Ser Topaz ignored the elf and stared on, into the deep cyan eyes of the Ice Queen. "I will not bow to you. I bow only to my Queen. My Queen stands beside me as Queen Ashai Percevale, rightful heir to The Rose Throne, Daughter of Ice and Fyre."

The Ice Queen stood to her feet. "The common tongue has been plagued with enough fire. There are no need for two Queens...I am standing, I am living. Why is one proclaiming herself within my walls and still able to draw breath?" She growled.

Ashai's brows curved. "Ser Topaz, please bow and save us a beheading. If you want to see me rule, I have to live through this."

Ser Topaz furrowed his brows. "You don't understand, my Queen. They have awoken for a reason, and I worry to which one it may be." He turned to face the Ice Queen. "I will not bow, my Lady."

The elven Queen's eyes widened in fury. "I should bury you beneath my feet in the ice you stand on!" She stormed forward, so her icicle nose was but a metre away from Topaz. "You dare to call me a lady amidst the castle walls. You are in my lands now...and I own these lands. The ice dragon has awoken, and so have we."

Ashai glimpsed an eye toward Ser Topaz, a worried glance befell her and her stomach churned at the mention of the word dragon.

"The ice dragon..." He repeated solemnly, his eyes wavering.

She smiled with shards of ice as teeth. "I' aglareb er...Khelek Wien." She glanced up at the ceiling, with her arms outstretched. "The glorious one...Crystalwing."