۵ Chapter 2.5 ۵

Chapter 2.5
rage

The Rose Palace
The capitol of Anguis in Aaevahaven, a grand majesty of brick and stone, forming the biggest and most impenetrable fortress. A soft salmon rock is used for the cementing stone, giving the palace a pinkish glow, hence it's name. When it was thrown into a siege eighteen years prior, many thought it would stand...and as it fell, their hope turned into ashes in their mouths. The castle is still being fortified to this day. It became a dragon haven after the Princess Elia's first dragon hatched from it's egg - much to many citizens' disapproval, and others' rejoice.

The great walls of the castle stood taller than any other building in the Capitol, a brilliant landmark for greatness and conquest. Anguis became a very proud city once the conquest had taken place, Raynerus himself had taken it upon to see the city through greatness. Laws were put in place, and a King's Guard was formed of three great and loyal men for the utmost protection.

Many kings had sat upon The Rose Throne, and even a few queens - though they still were quite scarce in history, and not all of them good. Until the sacking of the city eighteen years ago, there had never been a king that was not related to the Dreamfyre lineage in some form. The Fire Lord, Igni Blueblood, took it upon himself for times of change; but he could never do such a thing without a connection to the throne. A daughter of the previous king would do quite nicely.

As a son of a small house on a collection of islands to the West leal to the throne - The Doth Shakai Islands, (so-named after the dark magic practised there) - Igni Blueblood was named a usurper to the throne and quick to commit acts of treason using his dark fire magic.

Elia trailed behind the King's Guard through the city gates; men, women and children's eyes widened in awe at the sight of the beautiful dragon Princess. Her perfect figure and gentle eyes drew many to her, some even grasped a hold of her dress or long hair as she walked, hoping to catch a glimmer of her good fortune.

The King's Guard saw to it that nobody touched her, however, as not all of the citizens meant goodwill. There was a nasty, soulless look in some of their eyes. Hatred, scorn and anger. Not everybody agreed in the rebirth of the dragons, and some believed that if the Princess died, then her magnificent beasts would die alongside her. And perhaps that would be better for the realm.

Elia admired the people in the city's streets. She believed all could be equal under her reign one day.

A lonesome woman gently tugged the side of her dress, and the Princess turned to face her. She carried a babe in one arm and wore tattered robes - she must've been from Dragon's End, a rather overpopulated area of the city, ridden with rats and dirt and poor. She held a hand to stop the King's Guard from interfering, and he stood back, hand on the dragon-head pommel of his sword.

"Please, Princess. Could you spare a few gold for my baby?" She said in rather broken version of the common tongue. She seemed to be a working lady, perhaps from one of the many brothels in Anguis, and had the smooth accent of an Eayena woman.

Elia smiled and tore a strip of her red silk dress, and proceeded to hand it to the woman. "There is enough gold in that silk alone than my King's Guard carries on him. Sell it to a tailor, and buy yourself food for you and your baby." She said gently.

The older woman smiled a toothy smile with yellow broken teeth and harsh eyes. Tired, red veins coursed through them. She took the silk from the Princess, and smiled gently. Suddenly, her sweet smile turned to a grin and she dropped the silk, took a hold of Elia's dainty wrist and yanked her closer.