The Storm

After sitting around for a while, I saw Will approach me, I smiled at him as he sat next to me.

"Where'd you get that?" he asked, gesturing to the sword Jack had just generously gifted to me.

"Nosy," I teases. He got all defensive and began to talk.

"No! I'm just asking where you got it from, I wasn't aware you had any money on you, and I didn't realize you actually shopped for stuff in Tortuga, so I was wondering how you got it, wait! You didn't steal it did you?" he asked nervously. Will hated the ideas of stealing, he associated it with piracy often. He really needed to get over his hate for them.

"Calm down Will, I didn't steal it, Jack bought it for me," I smiled, reminiscing the moment he gave it to me, and the intimate conversation we had shared.

"What?! Jack Sparrow! I'm not sure what I prefer, you stealing it or Jack buying you it," he scoffed.

"What's the problem with Jack buying me a sword?" I asked, I thought that it was great, I could now defend myself, and have something to remind me of Jack everywhere I went.

He leaned a little closer to my ear.

"You know he's probably just trying to get in your pants," he whispered. I pulled away and gasped.

"You know men can buy women gifts without it being for such reasons,"

"Yes but it's Jack Sparrow, and we all know what he wants,"

"It was nice of him Will, I now can defend myself, and he didn't have to, besides I don't believe that for one second, you should give him more of a chance, you don't even know him," I suggested. I wanted them to get along, and for Will to rid of his hatred toward pirates.

"I know enough," he said sternly before standing up and walking to the other side of the deck, pulling some ropes.

What was that about? It didn't really matter anyway. I just continued to have out at the open ocean.

The clouds were a little darker than usual today and the wind was much stronger, I was anticipating a storm.

As if on cue, I saw Jack drunkedly walk over to me.

"Aha! Hazel! Just who I was looking for. How are ye doin' love?" he asked.

What was wrong, Jack never usually acted like this, granted I had only known him for a few days.

"I'm fine, seems to be a storm coming though, I'd say we'd better prepare," I warned.

"No, I'd better prepare, I'm not having you in danger Hazel, not over a stupid storm anyway," he spoke.

What did this mean, he couldn't stop me from being in danger, it wasn't my fault that a storm was coming. Besides, I'm no less capable than the rest of the crew, probably more in fact, probably much more.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

He stood up and picked me up over his shoulders, holding me close to him in a protective manner. I banged on his back.

"Jack Sparrow put me down at once!" I yelled but he simply carried on walking shaking his head.

"No can do love, can't have you out in the storm, it's too dangerous," he explained calmly.

"Jack Sparrow I swear to God if you don't put me down this instant you won't live to see the light of another day!" I warned annoyed.

"I can count on it love, however, your wish is my command," he grinned, placing me down inside his cabin. I was fuming when I saw his signature smirk.