Isla de Muerta

Me and Jack were at the helm. He had taken the wheel and I was just sat behind him, humming a tune. We were almost at our destination, the Isla de Muerta. The area we were in was considerably foggy and the air was visibly thick. I could see Will and Gibbs talking in the distance and I smiled to myself. I saw Will make some weird hand motions and stranger facial expressions.

"You have a beautiful voice Hazel," Jack smiled, keeping his eyes fixed forward. I was glad in a way as he wouldn't have been able to see the deep red blush that fluttered across my cheeks.

"Thank you," I stuttered. I don't know why but a complement from Jack meant so much more to me than anyone elses. Maybe it was the way he said it, he did have a low, raspy voice that I had come to love, and I could always hear the smirk in his voice as he spoke.

"Just speakin' the truth love," he grinned and I once again blushed, hoping he didn't see. This time I heard him emit a small and quiet chuckle, so I presumed he knew that I was blushing.

"Aha!" he exclaimed excitedly. I look up from the ground and my eyes met with his as he spun around.
"We're here! That love, is the Black Pearl," he smirked.

I looked over the water, it truly was a magnificent ship, she wasn't in her best shape, the sails were torn, but I assumed that that had something to do with the curse, otherwise it wouldn't be particularly efficient.

"Woah...." I breathed in awe.

"Beautiful isn't she?"

I could tell that Jack Sparrow certainly had a thing for his former ship. I felt sorry for his loss, it clearly meant a lot to him, and I was going to help him get it back.

"Aye," I whispered. I almost gasped when I realized what I had just said. I prayed he didn't hear me. I just said Aye. I'm not a pirate! Granted there is nothing wrong with being one but I'm not one! My Father would kill me, Will would be disgusted; I don't even want to know what Elizabeth would think.

He spun around, eyebrow raised and a small smirk playing on his face.

"What did you just say love?"

"Yes, she is a beautiful ship," I lied. I was a horrible liar, and Jack knew what I had said.

"Ne're lie to a pirate love," he grinned and continued to stare at me. I wasn't getting out of this.

"I'm not lying!" I defended.

"Correct me if I'm wrong love, but you just said 'aye'," he chuckled. I flushed a deep red.

"So what Mr Sparrow," I joked, hoping that if he thought I took it lightly he wouldn't let it slip to anyone.

"I'm rubbing off on you more than you like to admit," he winked. I opened my mouth to talk.

"Ah, ah, ah, don't deny it love it'll get ye nowhere,"

"Very well, but I swear Jack, if anybody finds out I said it, you won't ever see the light of another day!"

"I don't doubt it love," he laughed, nudging my shoulder playfully. I rolled my eyes and smirked.

Simultaneously, we both looked over to Will and Gibbs talking.

"Well, we're here, so let's go and see what those bildge rats are talking about shall we?" he proposed and I nodded standing up, making our way over to them.

"How did Jack get off the island?" I heard Will ask Gibbs. I looked at Jack; it was a good question. Jack was just eavesdropping around ten feet away. He didn't look impressed.

"Well, I'll tell ye, he waded out into shallows and he waited there for three days and three nights, all manner of sea creatures came acclimated to his presence. Now on the fourth morning, he roped himself a couple o' sea turtles, lust 'em together and made a raft!" Gibbs exclaimed with excitement.