Chapter 6

Chaeyoung buries her face deep in the pillow and it takes all her might not to cringe at herself. She had grasped her phone too quick the moment she saw Jungkook's name on the screen of her phone and the word 'Hi' had flown out of her mouth in haste.

"Wow, have you really been expecting me to call?" he chuckles on the other line.

Chaeyoung scoffs. "Not at all."

"I'm certain that I heard an excitement just now."

She gulps, clears her throat a second later. "Well, I'm certain that you heard it all wrong," she counters.

"Fine," he says, and she can imagine him grinning. "Whatever you say, charity girl."

"Don't call me that," she sighs, feeling regretful about how she spoke to him earlier in the day.

She doesn't mean to speak to him that way. She pushes the offer to him not just because she wants to help him get out of his misery, but she also is desperate herself. She doesn't think she has time to find another person to help her for the wedding. Maybe he's right, that she can easily get anyone to go with her. But how many guys out there that she can trust not to screw things up? It's not that she trusts him with her whole heart, but his action on the night she was drunk tells her a lot about him already.

And maybe, another reason why the offer still stands for him is because he's attractive, but no one has to know that.

"What do you want me to call you, then? Babe?"

"What?" she almost chokes on the air she breathes on. "Why would you call me that?"

"You told me to call you if I changed my mind," he says. "Since I'm calling you, which means, I have changed my mind which means I have accepted your offer, so technically we're dating now. Aren't we?"

Chaeyoung feels heat rising on her cheeks. Her heart pounds hard and she can listen to them clearly. "Fake dating," she corrects. "We're fake dating."

"I can't call you babe, then?"

"No."

"Baby girl?"

"What on earth-"

"Love?"

"No!" she firmly says, blushing further. "Okay, since you accepted the offer, send me your bank account number and the amount you need. I'll transfer you the money," she says everything quickly and ends the call.

Damn it. Why is he being so flirty? It has been too long since she has faced a flirty person that she doesn't know how to respond properly without getting too flustered.

Her phone dings, Jungkook's sent her the details and she does the transaction immediately, informs him when the confirmation has been sent to her and she expects to see him reply to her, but his response is in a form of a phone call, which makes her halt her breathing. She squeezes her eyes shut momentarily.

"What?"

"Are you busy?" he asks.

"Um. No. Why?

"Great. I called to say thank you."

"That's all? You could just text me," she rolls her eyes.

"Not just that," he chuckles. "Since you're not busy, don't you think we should discuss on this whole thing? You know, the details. You don't actually expect me to show up only on the wedding day, right?"

"Is it necessary?" she asks, forehead creasing.

"It is, if we're really going to be 'fake-dating'. I think it's still important to know about each other. So, everything can go smoothly. So, this whole fake thing will seem real to that Chan-whatever-his-name-is dude."