Chapter 10

"I gave them your contact number, so they might call you anytime soon," Namjoon says. "Be sure to be alert and don't lose this chance."

"Yeah I will. Thanks," Jungkook nods happily, his smile big on his face.

"You're different," the older man says. "Did something good happen?"

Jungkook breathes and smiles a little. "Well, yeah, like I finally got a job to do."

He wants to tell Namjoon that he's currently in a relationship with a girl that he first met outside of a bar, that she's a big eater and she feels the happiest when food is around her and she could probably compete with Seokjin, that she possesses multiple talents including singing and drawing and playing guitar and piano and she dances like a silly person -a cute silly person -when she's excited over something random, that she hums a hell lot when she's thinking.

Jungkook wants to tell his friend every single thing about Chaeyoung, but 'every single thing' also includes that this whole thing happening between him and her is just an act. The relationship is fake. She is his fake girlfriend, and he's her fake boyfriend. This fake relationship is undoubtedly a win-win situation for both and it's the reason why they'd agreed on it, to help each other out. She won't look like a loser in front of her ex. Jungkook got to save himself from getting kicked out of his home. This whole thing will also come to an end in a couple of weeks. Jungkook figures that he can't tell Namjoon anything at all.

"Are you still living alone?" Namjoon asks and Jungkook simply nods his head. The older male furrows his brows at him. "Why don't you find a roommate?"

Jungkook sighs. "I did put up advertisements. But apparently no one is in need of a place to live yet."

Namjoon makes a thinking face and Jungkook immediately knows what the man has in his mind. "I'll survive for the time being. Besides, I'm getting jobs these days, aren't I? Don't worry about it."

Just then, his phone vibrates in his breast pocket.

- Dinner at my place tonight?

"We have a family gathering tonight. You can come, you know," Namjoon says while he reads the message over and over.

Jungkook chuckles. "I have somewhere else I need to be tonight. Thanks."

"Work?"

Chaeyoung hired him to be her fake boyfriend, so technically, yes, it's related to work. But he honestly doesn't think of it as a job.

"Yeah, work."

*

After dinner, Chaeyoung sits beside Jungkook on the long couch after agreeing to watch a movie together. They settle for an old movie that she has actually watched, something he has wanted to watch but never got to; 500 Days of Summer.

Chaeyoung has spent at least thirteen times watching this movie in the past. It's probably just a few weeks ago, she spends her night watching the same movie. She knows the flow well, even up to the point that she aces the timing of each of her favorite line, mouthing everything perfectly.

At the end of the movie, Chaeyoung sighs and pushes her lips into a pout. She remembers the first three times watching it, she'd cried. First, with Jennie and Lisa. Second, with Taehyung. Third alone. As she turns her head towards Jungkook, her eyes widen at him as he uses his forefinger to push his tears off the corners of his eyes.

"Are you crying?" she asks.

"You think?" he chuckles and sniffs, and Chaeyoung can't help the threatening smile on her face. "Why did we have to watch this movie?"