Chapter 14

"Can you please stop moving," Chaeyoung mutters. "You're going to ruin this."

"I can't help it. I'm a human," Jungkook says after a long groan. "What's taking you so long to finish that one nail?"

"It's because your fingernail is weird," she reasons with a whiny voice and Jungkook can't help but break into laughter. "Stop moving!" She pinches his hand that's resting on her thigh and he yelps, glares at her for a brief second before he resumes laughing.

"You're blaming the shape of my fingernail?" he asks in between his laughter and Chaeyoung herself is trying so hard to stifle her own giggle. "Just say that you're untalented or you've never done this before."

"Hello," she widens her eyes at him. "Have you seen my nails? I did them on my own."

"Liar."

"I'm not lying!" she argues and pinches his thigh next.

"Ow!" he hisses and shoots her another glare, squeezing her thigh until she flinches because it tickles and Chaeyoung lets out a squeak when she almost spills the nail polish she's holding.

"Stop!" she squeals.

"Excuse me, miss. You started," he says, smirking.

"If you want me to paint your nails, you better stop."

"I didn't ask you to paint my nails," he laughs. "You wanted to do it. I just told you I wanted to try having my nails painted black like in those 'hand' pictures I sent you."

"Shut up," she huffs, suppressing the laughter that's still there.

Jungkook leans back with a smile, lets Chaeyoung do her work diligently as he sits beside her on the long couch with his left palm still spread on her exposed thigh.

"How did the meeting go?" she asks.

"Fine."

"The client?"

Jungkook scrunches his nose. "A little fussy. But not as fussy as you."

Chaeyoung chuckles. "Did you punch him?"

"I did," he replies and grins when Chaeyoung whips her head around with a surprised look. Jungkook reaches his free hand towards her head, fixes the fallen strand of her blonde hair. "In my mind."

Jungkook's smirk grows on his face when Chaeyoung visibly flushes at his gesture.

When she's done with all his nails on his left hand, she turns her body to face him and takes his other hand before she complains that the position is uncomfortable. She gestures him to get up from the couch and sit on her left so she can start working on his right hand.

Jungkook almost does as he's told before he thinks of an idea. He twists his body on the couch so he's facing her, stretches his leg behind her back and puts on his smirk once again when she furrows her brows, looking at him questioningly. Jungkook uses his free hand to handle her, making her body turn so she has her back against his chest, her legs on the couch. Jungkook's right leg stay rooted on the floor.

"Wh- what are you doing?" she stammers.

He drapes his right arm around her waist and pulls her closer to his chest before he spreads his right palm on her right thigh. "Being creative," he says, resting his left arm on the backrest on his side.

She clears her throat. "How is this being creative?"

"What do you call it then? Being romantic?" he snickers, and a huge grin makes it onto his face when she's once again frozen. Jungkook glances towards his left hand where the nails are all done, and he narrows his eyes at what he's seeing on the nail of his thumb.