Part 5 - Do You Like Crona?

So I really have no idea when this is going to end so please be patient with me. :) Sorry for always taking so long to update. I'm lame. I know :') But thank you for those who stick around. I love all of you litle velociraptors. <3

__________________________________________________________________________________

As Kid walked down the steps of the DWMA, he thought about the conversation he just had with his father. He thought about the good times, like when he was finally able to make his house completely symmetrical. He even thought about the sad times, like when he almost lost Liz and Patty during a mission that was just too hard for them to handle. But most of all, he thought about love.

What exactly is love?

Of course, from all the time that Kid spent at the library, he had read about love at least once or twice. He read about how when you're in love, your heart beats faster and you have that person's image stuck in your head all day. Kid started to go through the list of possible candidates that could fit this description.

Well, let's start with the obvious. Liz? Sure, she's pretty and all but she's more of an older sister to me. Patty? No. Too childish. Tsubaki? BlackStar. Maka? Soul. How about the less obvious. Kim? Jacqueline? I'm pretty sure they have a thing for each other. Now for the even lesser obvious...

Kid had a feeling that the next person he would think of couldn't possibly fit the bill. But, he decided to give it a shot anyways.

Crona...

Kid suddenly felt his heart beat faster and his face heat up. He felt as if the world had stopped spinning as images of Crona flashed through his head.

Kid took a moment to sit down at the nearest bench to recollect his thoughts.

Am I love with Crona?

Kid thought about the possibility of being in love with Crona.

Sure she's very beautiful but she's highly unsymmetrical. Maybe if she got a haircut... But her personality...I mean, sure she's a little unstable but that's what makes her different from everyone else.

Kid was interrupted from his thoughts when he heard Kilik, his partners, Pot of Fire and Pot of Thunder, and Ox and his partner, Harvar, talking.

"Did you hear about what happened to the weapon and meister pair that took on the mission in England?" asked Ox.

"Yeah. I heard that they were collecting a kishin soul when a witch appeared and murdered both the meister and the weapon. Apparently the mission was a fake one in an attempt to kill off academy students. Do you think that someone might have infiltrated the DWMA like in the Medusa incident?" asked Kilik.

"Probably." said Harvar. "For all we know, Medusa could have a third sister that's secretly working with Crona again."

(A/N : For those of you unfamiliar with the spin off series, Soul Eater Not!, Medusa has a third sister named Shaula. Since Soul Eater Not! takes place before the events of Soul Eater, everyone knows that there are currently 3 Gorgon sisters ( Medusa, Shaula, Arachne))

"I don't think I'll ever feel completely safe knowing that a witch is attending the DWMA. I'll be nice to her, but I'll make sure I always have my gaurd up around her. You guys should do the same," added Ox.

"Right." said Kilik and Harvar in unison.

Kid jumped up, without thinking, at the sound of someone talking bad about Crona.

'Don't you ever say something bad about her again!

What in the world are you doing?!

"Sure Crona may have done some bad things in her past, but that's no reason to hate her for it now!"

Shut up before you make yourself look bad.

"She's even working hard with Maka and Ms.Marie every day to become a normal student like the rest of us!

Sit down!

"So maybe you should just leave her alone!"

After Kid had ifnished yelling, he took a minute to catch his breath before realizing exactly what he just said.

Now you blew it.

Kilik, Ox, Harvar, and ever Pot of Fire and Pot of Thunder stared at Kid with surprised expressions on their face. It was rare for them to see the usually calm shinigami get angry.

Ox was the first to break the silence.

"Kid, do you like Crona?"

Kid blushed again at the sound of Crona's name and felt like he needed to sit down for the second time in less than 10 minutes. Kid finally spoke.

"No. I do not lke Crona. She is my friend and nothing more than that," Kid said. Not fully believing it himself.

'That's good." said Kilik. "And besides, you two can never be together anyways."

Kilik walked away with everyone else leaaving Kid to figure out what he mean by "you two can never be together".

Then as Kid was remembering the story about the witch who murdered the meister and weapon, he finallly understood and his feeling toward Crona became clear.

I have a duty as the next shinigami to balance the good and evil in this world. I can't let anyone distract me from doing exactly that. And besides, there's no way I coul EVER fall or a witch.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wow I made Kilik, Ox, and Harver sound rude. I know they are nice people overall but for the sake of the story please don't be annoyed by it. They get nicer closer to the end. Character development for the win! Shout out to JAMIE ALVAREZ (polariod_kid) for pestering me to finally upload this. :) love for my velociraptors <3