Part 8 - Dance With Me. Please?

Chapter 8. Wow. I can't believe I made it this far. I am sooooooo soooooo sorry on the late update. Like I said before, my school blocked Wattpad on the computers and my own computer was working slow but it's working better now so hopefully I can update more often. For Christmas, I got this laptop/tablet thing so now I can update. These next few chapters coming up are going to get really intense. I think I might make Crona stop stuttering because it's kind of tough to figure out what words to make her stutter on without making her sound strange. So here ya go. Love goes out to my Velociraptors.

______________________________________________________________________________________

"Kid? Kid wake up! Maka! S-Something's wrong with Kid!"

Those were the last words Kid heard before he passed out. The paramedics came within 10 minutes and Kid was rushed to the Death City Memorial Hospital. Crona, Maka, Soul, Tsubaki, BlackStar, Liz, and Patty were taken to the hospital by Ms. Marie, but weren't allowed to see Kid for another hour.

Soul and BlackStar rushed ahead of everyone and ran into the room where Kid was resting. BlackStar jumped on Kid's bed, grabbed him by his t-shirt, and started to yell, "Kid! Wake up! You have to come through buddy! I can't surpass you if you're dead...okay...well maybe I can...but I don't wanna win this way man!"

"Makaaaaaaaaaa Chop!"

"Thanks Maka," said BlackStar as he lay on the floor with a pool of blood beside his head.

Stein walked through the door and looked at BlackStar on the floor. He then sighed heavily and took his walkie-talkie out of his labcoat. "See if we have and extra bed space available. If there is, bring a stretcher to Room 213."

Moments later, three nurses walked into Kid's room with a stretcher and placed BlackStar on it. They then walked out of the room and down the hallway.

Everyone just stood there in silence until Liz started speaking. "So how's Kid. What's wrong with him. I thought that sinigami weren't supposed to get sick."

Stein pushed up his glasses and lit a cigarette. "At first, Kid didn't know what was going on either, I was able to explain everything to him on the way here before he passed out. Although I am fully aware of Kid's condition, I don't think it's my place to tell you what's going on. The people that should tell you this are either Lord Death or Kid himself when and if he wakes up."

"Wait. What do you mean IF he wakes up," said Soul.

"It's okay, Professor. You can tell them."

At the sound of Kid's voice, everyone turned to the bed and saw Kid slowly sitting up while grunting every few seconds.

"Kid!!" said Liz and Patty as they almost flew across the room to hug Kid. Kid hugged his two weapons back. "Hey you guys."

Stein looked at Kid and said, "Are you sure it's okay for me to tell them?"

"Yeah."

"Alright. Lately Kid has been having coughing fits and frequent headaches. To a human being, these symptoms would be considered symptoms of the common cold but to a shinigami, they are symptoms of something far more deadly."

"The Thorns of Death."

This time, everyone's attention was on Crona. For the firs time, since they've arrived at the hospital, Crona spoke. "That's the condition he has right?"

'Right," said Stein. "When a shinigami is infected with the Thorns of Death, a bacteria shaped like a vine with thorns on it, wraps around the soul of shinigami and slowly constricts the soul piercing it until the soul eventually dies off."

The DWMA student stood there in horror at the news they just recieved. Maka, Tsubaki, Liz, and Patty started to cry while Soul conforted Maka and BlackStar, who was now out of his bed conforted Tsubaki. Crona just stood there. Speechless while trying to collect her thoughts. She had just told the boy that she had a crush on, that he meant the most to her in her life. Now, all of a sudden, this piece of happiness that she had found was about to be ripped away from her.

After she had dried her tears, Patty spoke. "Isn't there anyting we can do to save him?"

Kid grabbed her hand in an effort to console her, "Patty. It's hopeless."

"But is there one? Kid, we've been together for almost as long as I can remember. You, me, and big sister. We're a family. And family doesn't give up on each other, no matter the cost. If there's a cure to this disease then dammit, we're gonna find it and get you back to the way you were before."

"Patty...," said the older sister.

"She's right, Kid." Crona said. "Kid. Me and you both aren't human. You're a shinigami and I'm a witch. Because of this, we live longer than most humans. Do you know what that means Kid? It means that we're going to have to watch our friends die. One by one. And that's gonna hurt. But guess what happens after that? One of us is going to die next. No matter who dies first, one thing is for sure. We go into our caskets alone. Even when we're born, we are born alone. But just because we're born alone and we die alone, doesn't mean we have to live alone."

Kid and Crona were now looking at each other in the eyes. Both of their heart beats getting faster every second.

"Can everyone excuse me and Crona for a second?"

Everyone left the room except Crona. The two of them were the only two people in the room. "BlackStar and Soul, get away from the door."

BlackStar and Soul sat on the bench that was against the wall, across the door from Kid's room.

"Do you really want to know the cure?"

"Yes, Kid."

Kid breathed out a sigh and said, "Dance with me."

Crona's eyes widened from the sudden qustion. "W-What did you just say?"

Kid held out his hand in an attempt to encourage Crona to take it. "Dance with me, and I'll tell you the cure."

"But Kid, I don't know how to dance.'

"Doesn't matter. Dance with me. Please?"

"Okay."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sorry for the long wait. Like I said before, I should update more often now that I am able to feel more comfortable writing. This chapter took me forever to come up with. Hope you guys liked it. Love goes out to my Velociraptors. <3