Part 10 - Why?

So depending on how this chapter finishes, there might either be 11 or 12 chapters to this story. We're getting close to the end though so please bear with me. :) So I want to ask a favor to my readers. If anyone knows how to make a really cool cover for this story, can you tell me? If you make one, post it on Instagram and tag me : @sommie_musso I would like to have a more noticiable cover for this story. 2015 is in like 30 minutes lol. Well 30 minutes from when I wrote that sentence. I have a question for you guys. So earlier, I wrote about a witch that was going after DWMA students...should I write a side story about that? I have so many different ideas for side stories lol Enjoy my Velociraptors :)
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Has anyone seen Crona? I could have sworn she was here just a few seconds ago," asked Maka.

Everyone looked around the room to see if Crona had actually left and they all shrugged the shoulders.

Soul spoke up. "I saw Crona walk out a while ago. I think she might have had to go the bathroom. Now that you think of it, she has been gone for quite a while."

"I'll go check on her," insisted Maka. "I'll be right back."

About 10 minutes later, Maka burst through the door and said, "Guys, I can't find Crona."

"What do you mean you can't find her?" asked Kid.

"Well, I went to the bathroom to see if she was there, but she wasn't. I asked a few of the nurses and the people at the front desk if they had seen her, but they all said they hadn't. I then thought that maybe she was hiding somewhere in th building so I tried to see if I could sense her soul, but I couldn't feel it anywhere nearby."

"Don't worry Maka," said Tsubaki. "I'm sure she probably went for a walk nearby. A lot has happened today and I think she just needs some time to take it all in."

"But still... I don't think that she would leave so suddenly without telling anyone. I'm going to go look for her. Hey Soul."

"Hmmm?"

"When did you say Crona left?"

Soul thought about it for a while, trying to rember. "I think it was right after Kid said something about sacrificing 1,000 pure human souls to be the cure. Wait... you don't think Crona could have gone to collect the souls do you?"

"Aw come on Soul," said BlackStar, "Even Crona would'nt think of doing something like that. That's a one-way ticket to becoming a kishin."

"I don't know BlackStar," said Tsubaki, "Crona's just realized that her feelings for Kid have been returned. We all know Crona's a fighter and she won't let Kid go that easily. Just to be on the safe side, we should all go look for Crona."

"Right!" agreed everyone.

BlackStar left the room first yelling, "Don't worry Kid! We'll bring your girlfriend back! Too bad for the rest of you cause I know I'll be the first one to find her!"

"Please don't make everything a competition BlackStar," said Tsubaki following right behind him.

Everyone else left the room but before she left, Maka turned around, looked Kid dead in the eyes, and said, "We'll find her. And we'll bring her back to you."

Kid smiled and said, "Thank you Maka. And be careful."

Maka ran down the hall to join the others.

Kid made sure Maka had left before he put his headphones in his ears and listened to the song he and Crona danced to. The song he had his first kiss to.

He had to make sure Maka had gone a second time before he started to cry.

When everyone had gathered together, Maka told them about her plan to find Crona.

"In order to cover more ground, we should try to look for Crona in pairs. BlackStar, you and Tsubaki should check around the streets leading out of the city. While you're doing that, ask around and see if anyone saw he leave already. Liz and Patty, you two should search the inside of the city and also ask if anyone had seen her. Soul, take your scooter and find the other academy students and see if they've seen her. I'll stand on the top of the building in the middle of the city and use my soul perception to see if I can sense where she is. We should use walkie talkies to keep in touch. When you're done with your task, report back as soon as possivle. Hopefully I can narrow down my search by then. Understood?"

"Right!" everyone said.

And they were off.

_________________________________ 1 Hour Later___________________________________

About an hour later, the gang was still on the search for Crona.

Maka had used her soul perception multiple times and still couldn't sense Crona's soul.

Every 10 minutes or so, she would get a call from her walkie talkie about someone seeing Crona, but when they followed the lead, it was just another pink haired girl that didn't look like Crona at all. They actually ran into Kim and Jacqueline a couple of times.

Soul would come by every now and then to make sure that Maka was okay.

"Any luck finding her?"

Maka, who still had her eyes closed in a desperate attempt to feel even the slightest hint of Crona's soul shook he head and said, "Not yet, Soul. I hope she's oka-"

Then she felt it.

About 50 or so souls all gathered in one room.

In any normal situation, Maka would have thought that those souls were just a couple of teenagers goofing off and having fun. It was a Saturday after all.

The realization that those souls were not there for a party was when she looked up at the direction from where she felt the souls.

They were coming from the Santa Maria Novella Basilica.

They were coming from the same church where Maka had met Crona.

She felt for the souls again.

The thing she felt this time was different than before.

This has to be just some coincidence right? There's no way that this could be happening.

Maka walked a little closer to the church, oblivious to the fact that she was still standing on top of one if the tallest buildings in Death City, until Soul pulled her back.

"Maka! Maka snap out of it! What's wrong? Answer me!"

"Soul...," said Maka. She slowly raised one finger and pointed it at the church.

Soul followed the direction of Maka's finger and then he realized it too.

"Crona...why?" asked Maka.

--------------------------------------
So this story is almost done. Depending on how the next chapter ends, there might be 2 more chapters after the next one so stay tuned. :D Guess what? Its January 4 @ 10:11 when I'm publishing this and once 12:00 hits I will officially be 17. WhooHoo! Thank you to everyone that favorite my story and write such nice comments. I love you guys!!!! Love goes out to my Velociraptors :)