(2) TLC (2)

My head hurts...

I can't see...
My stomach hurts...
I can't taste...
My hands hurt..
I can't move...

My heart hurts...
I can't Feel..

Who was I to believe that there would be no consequences.

If one thing is lost, though, something must be returned, right? It has to be that way. It's only equivalent exchange.

But in that case, what will I get back? Or, maybe, someone else got?

Maybe a woman's child was cured from an illness.

Maybe a worker was saved from being fired.

Maybe a guy got the woman of their dreams.

Or, maybe.. Just maybe I got something.
Maybe I succeeded in protecting them...
Maybe I will get to see them again..

Or Maybe, no one got anything.

I opened my eyes, it was blurry. But I could see. I looked around and saw him leaning against the bed

I didn't feel anything though. I should feel happy. Maybe I did- but I just don't know under the pit of sadness that engulfed me. I forced a smile, and pet his head softly. I could move again aswell. That's good.

They woke up and their expression lit up, and as it did I felt happiness flood over me. "Ed you're awake!" They said quickly "finally! You're awake! They said you wouldn't!" They exclaimed and hugged me tightly. I smiled. But, I couldn't speak. I kissed their head softly and their eyes filled with worry "is something wrong?"

Now I was worried, to. I managed to choke a few words out "no.. why?" They shook their head "no reason. They just said that you would never be able to talk or feel emotion again thanks to you hitting your head so hard.. You are so lucky I was there to save you, Edward..! You would be dead right now! Never try to go kill yourself to 'protect' us again!"

And that's when I realized that I did get something in return...
My voice, my feelings, my ability to move and taste...
They came back because tried to protect them..
But something still wasn't right.

It wasn't until a month I found out.
I could move, but only with his help
I could talk, but only when he encouraged me to do so.
I could taste, but only when he was there to make sure it was safe.

But, more importantly,

I could feel, but only when he was there to make it that way

I had became depressed, and it was a journey to make it out.
But he helped me every step of the way, and it's the only reason I could live like this.

"Please, come back to me Alfons...
I can't do this anymore..."

Had very soon became

"Thanks, Alfons, for giving me a chance to live again. I promise, one day, I'll see you again, and help you just like how you helped me."

He had died, but I'm okay.
I still remember all the good times we have had, the illness had come back after he had died, one caused by lonliness and pain, but I'm ready to leave this time.

All thanks to a little tender, love and care..