(9) Roy's favourite treasure (9)

I groaned, sitting alone in a room full of gold, silver, gems. I think, out of everyone, I'm the least content to be sitting in a room full of fortune. But, I have a reason.

This wasn't mine, though. it belonged to a dragon. And, now I've been thrown in.  He doesn't treat me like a being anymore- just a object for him to show off.

It was annoying, and upsetting.

Roy then walked in, his wings stretched off of his human back "when did you learn to change forms?" I asked him, still sitting on the cold floor covered with the jewelry Roy covered me in before he left

"When I decided I wanted to be able to have a reasonable relationship with people instead of scaring them away" he said softly and that made me more annoyed. He had taken my guns away, so he was lucky.

I hissed "and so you can treat me like an object more" I added, a tint of anger in my voice.

He shook his head "I've never treated you like that though" he said, confused as he walked over, I turned away from him, glaring at the ground "Oh but you do"

He grabbed the collar of my uniform, and pulled me up so we were face to face. Any jewelry that wasn't around my neck or on my wrist fell to the ground. "Riza, I would never treat you like that. I like showing you to others because it shows them you're mine" he said, letting go of my collar when I was standing "and you're very pretty"

I sighed, making a small laugh "you say that about every other girl you see" I say, grumbling softly

"But, alas you're the only one I trust here, and I let take whatever they want" i hear Roy say, huffing "but, if you insist on arguing I could just let you go, I guess. However, I won't let my favourite treasure wander anywhere she pleases"

Favourite treasure.

That sent a shiver down my spine "No I'll stay" I told him. Being honest, I was just being hard on him. He was right. He didn't treat me bad- besides the fact he wonders why I can't eat raw meat.

"Good. Now, in human terms what is our relationship"

I felt myself blush at that and tensed "best friends, coworkers, roommates" I told him shakily "and I'm your body guard pretty much"

I did feel more for him though, and sometimes i wished the dragon wasn't so dense. Even hundreds of years of living with us and he didn't understand how anything worked.

When Roy came to my father for help it was about flame alchemy in his human form. Back then he wasn't near as good as changing to human as he suddenly became now, but it still helped. Dad assigned me to watch over him to make sure he didn't do anything stupid.

Well, untill Roy killed dad. Then it kinda became my decision. Being honest, I forgave him for killing dad. It was either that, or be kidnapped for the rest of your life. And, I prefer being able to have at least some free will.

"I see. Now what's one step up from that?" He asked, a smirk forming on his slightly scaled face

I almost choked "u-uh.. girlfriend and boyfriend I guess.." I studdered

"Translation to dragon terms please?" He asked me, his expression made me really want to yell he's being to innocent for how old he was.

"Well if mating is equal to being married, I guess it's whatever the stage is before mating and after friends"

Roy seemed to understand and he nodded, pulling me into a hug. It was going to be hard to get used to that. I gently brought my hands up and ran my finger along his scales.

"Roy, are you okay?" I asked before suddenly he kissed me. I tensed, and definetly wasn't expecting this. I had thought he was too dense to realize!

"Before you ask, I watched one of those movie things you keep talking about" he said softly, holding me close.

I was just glad he didn't become acquainted with licking. That would of been awkward, honestly. I smiled "so you understand what I love you means?" I asked with a chuckle before he shot a glare at me

"You treat me like a baby" he said quickly, defending himself before realizing how much he was being taught daily before nodding "but it's fair. Yes I know what that means"

I let myself laugh as I hugged around his neck, kissing again "then, Roy, I love you" i said softly, to my own disbelief.

"I love you too Riza. You will always be my favourite treasure.."